Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.91

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Charge 5 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
843 REPLIES 843

Finally got one.  So far, so good.

Best Answer

lately my charge 5 is turning off several times at day, I put the charger and shows battery up to 80 or less that 5%, sometimes the time is wrong. Why is working so bad?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit 5 has stopped working as well!!!!  Please help!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 5 has a permanent black screen and I've tried troubleshooting with everything I found on the forums, youtube, everywhere possible. PLEASE help resolve this.

Best Answer

@hitofthewest wrote:

My Fitbit Charge 5 has a permanent black screen and I've tried troubleshooting with everything I found on the forums, youtube, everywhere possible. PLEASE help resolve this.

Just claim warranty. I've just successfully replaced my blank screen Charge 5 through Twitter DMs.

Best Answer

Not sure how I got the offer, but was sent a new Charge5…no charger, no wristband…just device.  Works so far…but no ECG.  New update maybe?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It all depends on where you bought your Fitbit.  I bought mine from Amazon last August 30 and they tell me because it was sold by Safe N Quick (?!?!) through Amazon they will not honor their warranty!  It's 8 months old and just quit in the middle of the day!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine since Aug 2022 without any issues until recently when I left my Charge5 charging one night and I went to check on it and noticed my screen did not have any UI appearing @MrHaroldA @WMQueenie 

Best Answer

Having the same battery charging issues. Have to place on charger everyday. Some days it will not make make it through a work day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I have ECG.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put up with the charge for two days, after your stupid update. But when I went on a long-awaited hike today, I was very upset about a completely discharged device after 4 hours. Last year, with firmware 188.58, the charge lasted for several days. Stop fooling users already! Find the courage to tell the truth and set some deadlines for solving the current situation with your software!

Best Answer

I wish someone from Fitbit/Google would let us know if they're working on an update, or if the current update is on hold (I'm still on 188.58, with no update notification).  I'm still lasting 7-8 days with no issues.

Best Answer
Add me to this action. Firmware killed the device on two devices here and
they won't replace them because they no longer sell in Brazil.
Best Answer

I've asked support this exact question and have not gotten a response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tcat007 wrote:

I wish someone from Fitbit/Google would let us know if they're working on an update, or if the current update is on hold (I'm still on 188.58, with no update notification).  I'm still lasting 7-8 days with no issues.

It's best not to update your Fitbit, as there is a really big chance you will brick your device. Only proceed when you are still on warranty!

Best Answer

If an update bricks my device, I'm buying a different brand!  But I don't plan on updating unless there's a new update, or better performing brand comes along.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I’d like to roll back the firmware version on my Charge 5 because the current version ruined my device. I’d like to see if rolling it back fixes it. How do I do that?

Best Answer

I would like to do this too, like 99% sure the firmware update that I had broke it just like everyone else here is experiencing...

Best Answer

Don't believe you can.  You can roll back the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

that's happening to mine too, the exact same 

Best Answer