Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Charge 5 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
801 REPLIES 801

Hi everyone! Thanks for the feedback given and for letting me know your different situations after the update.

In regards to those ones who are having a situation with the new clock faces, this has been escalated and our team is already looking into it, I'm positive we'll have a solution for you guys!

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Answer

Hello, @AndiP2002 Welcome to the community.

Thanks for informing me about this situation with the screen of your Charge 5 after the update.

I was able to confirm you contacted support via and they were able to provide you with a solution, if you have any other questions or concerns, my best recommendation would be to contact them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still shows 57.20001.188.58

I guess I’ll call Cust service or email them

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated yesterday and now my watch is completely unresponsive with no screen.

Best Answer

I've just tried to update my tracker it and the screen went black...  I will try to revive it later when I connect it to my charger.. but after reading some of the posts, I am not optimistic 😕😔

Best Answer

I can’t get it anything on m charge 5 now!!! Black screen. Even when
trying the reset scenario!!
Now what?!?!😡

Yvonne K. Sent from Gmail Mobile

----

Same here!!!

Best Answer

@CrisVillaFitbit A bit unrelated maybe or maybe not but is the google wallet rollout app based, or country based? I am having issues with Fitbit pay but after the update I am still having issues. So I was wondering when are we going to get it in the rest of the world.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the update yesterday morning, my Fitbit worked for a few hours. Then the screen froze but shortly after it just died. 

I tried charging it and it only showed the Fitbit logo. Tried charging and doing hard reset a few times but to no avail. Now it’s just totally dead and even when I charge it doesn’t show anything. 

Best Answer

It has got to the point where they are sending me a reply paid envelope for me to send it to them, currently everything I have been advised to try has not worked. I'm thinking it's dead.

Best Answer

Update went well,no problems. One thing I did was to be sure to reboot both the Fitbit and phone first, before starting the update. To ensure both were in a stable state.

Best Answer

I updated Wednesday. The app said to leave it running during the update, so I did a split screen so I could still use my phone. It took less than 15 minutes with the watch on the charger and the phone in the same room. I never did get offered 194.61 (thank goodness!). When I charged my Fitbit Charge 5 this evening, the battery was at 65%, so about what I would expect for battery usage between Wednesday & Saturday before this update.

For those feeling perturbed that they don't see the update, Fitbit doesn't push it out to everyone at once, and given the utter fiasco that 194.61 was, this isn't a bad thing. That update bricked a LOT of Fitbits, and it would have bricked a lot more if they'd pushed it out to every device on the same day. (This doesn't excuse the lack of communication and horrendous customer service response, but it could have been even worse!)

I would love if Fitbit released an actual stat-heavy face, especially one that isn't cartoonish, but I'm not holding my breath.

Best Answer

Updated successfully. Now the screen is black and won't respond. It will sync to the app, track everything to the phone app, and charge. It will restart via the charge cable (at least it vibrates in the appropriate sequence), but nothing on the screen. 

Anyone know whether you can factory reset in another way except the device itself?

Best Answer

Since the new update my Fitbit won’t sync to my phone error 1008 occurs

Best Answer

Hmmm, upgraded from a Charge 3 for Christmas and it was fine when I kicked off this morning but I got the update message. Being Christmas Day I was a bit busy so left it until evening to download it. It  seemed to be taking a long time - over an hour - and now it won't charge properly, connect to the phone, or display anything on the screen other than the fitbit logo for a few seconds before going blank again. Not a great start.

Best Answer

Exactly the same here and after the (attempted?) firmware update the device is completely bricked.Tried all the 'recommended' tricks including restarting multiple times, force stopping app, keeping device on charge overnight, and allowing battery to deplete and then recharging.

I'm not holding my breath for Fitbit to fix their issue. Best advice I can give is to switch to another brand.

Best Answer

I don't know if this is firmware related. For nearly two weeks I have been unable to access Irregular (heart) rhythm history.

I get a notification that an irregular rhythm was detected, but when I tap on the link to access details and history, I get a white screen and the app freezes. I must force it to close and reopen.

So, for ll intents and purposes the device is useless until the is fixed.

Best Answer

Hello, @Cmorehouse Welcome to the community.

Thanks for explaining your situation after the update on your Charge 5.

I was able to confirm you contacted support already and they were able to provide you with a solution, if you have any other questions or concerns, my best recommendation would be to contact them once again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @Mercedi Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I appreciate your posting this situation in regards to the syncing of your Charge 5 after the update.

I just confirmed you contacted support yesterday, my best advice would be contacting them once again, in case you need more help. They've created a case to solve your situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes
For those of us following along, having similar issues, wouldn't it be more
helpful to post the suggestions being offered by support instead of just
acknowledging support has been contacted so that we could try to fix our
trackers ourselves ? Just a thought. I've already done everything suggested
up to this point and spent hours doong the same things over and over again.
I'm looking for something new to try.
Best Answer

Mine mysteriously did the upload late the following day. No idea what had changed but it is now updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes