Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 GPS isn't working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

GPS only works when connecting to my iPhone. Dynamic or always connected do not work. Any ideas as I’m on my 3rd tracker in 4 months 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Wheeliebobs. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 5.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Wheeliebobs. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 5.

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had assistance if that’s what you call it. I have a faulty device that needs replacing and all you do is procrastinate. Worst customer service ever closely followed by your actual products. Shameful.

Steve Wheelton
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They’ve been in touch for what it was worth. GPS doesn’t work and customer service are not really interested. I’m now waiting an email after wasting 6 - 7 hours on Twitter DM and Live chat. The device which has already been changed a couple of times is only 4 months old. I want a replacement in line with my consumer rights. Shameful service 

Best Answer

I am regretting for buying fitbit now 😩, i bought charge 5 for my mom and me, i had another garmin device before, garmin doesnt pgs problem to me. I bought fitbit because google, ha, so regret.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Blaze for quite a while and suddenly my GPS (through iPhone) stopped working reliably. I gave up and assumed the watch was just old and got a new Sense 2. What a waste of time and money! I'm on my 2nd new Sense 2 after weeks of haggling with incompetent "customer service" people. Neither new watch would reliably track using the GPS. Now I can't even get it to TRY and start when I go hike or bike. I suspect it has something to do with Goggle taking over since I never had issues prior to that, in any case, I'm stuck with a watch that is about equal to any other sport watch without GPS. Very, Very disappointing. I'll never buy Fitbit again.

Bottom line, I don't think it's the model of watch you have, it's FitBit GPS that's the problem.

Best Answer