Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Not Tracking Sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Charge 5 for my wife for Christmas and it doesn't track her sleep. I now see that this is a common issue with these, something she didn't have with her Charge 3. We've tried a few suggestions, but nothing has seemed to work. One night it did start recording 4 hours after she went to sleep. Is this something that can be fixed with settings or should I just return it?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Jimfoto

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience you've been experiencing with the new Charge 5.  

Keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep. Please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Before considering other options, please try to complete a restart procedure following the steps listed here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition, please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details. 

Some users have also been able to resolve by changing the clock face option on the device. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

I changed froma Charge 3 to Charge 5 on Dec 24. Since then it has not recorded sleep accurately and today it did not record sleep at all.  Never had a problem with my Charge 3.  Can I return the charge 5 and go back to using Charge 3?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @bkitchin

Thank you for sharing all these details about the inconvenience you've been having with your Charge 5. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Jimfoto

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience you've been experiencing with the new Charge 5.  

Keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep. Please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Before considering other options, please try to complete a restart procedure following the steps listed here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

In addition, please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details. 

Some users have also been able to resolve by changing the clock face option on the device. 

Best Answer

My Charge 5 does not want to sync with my phone (iPhone 11). I have to go into settings and turn off/on Bluetooth every single time, which is a major p-i-t-a.  

Should I return it and try my luck with a different Charge 5?  Or is this a known bug that will be fixed with an upgrade?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue bkitchin, did you manage to resolve it?

Best Answer

No done everything suggested but still doesn't work 

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @RachaelMaree

Thank you for sharing this information about the trouble you've been having with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, let me know if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems, as they have been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

In addition, please make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my new Charge 5 as well, I have had it almost a week and I am having same problem, and I have the same iPhone.  

Now it's not logging sleep.

This is SO frustrating. I guess I should have gone with the Apple tracker watch instead.

Best Answer

There is no button on the flat end of my charger I have tried charging fully . It stopped recording my sleep on 12/30. And has not recorded since. I’ve even left the app open on my phone during the night and the phone is near me.

Best Answer

No button on mine either.  Tried everything and nothing helps.  Used Charge 4 for several years without problems.  Guess I will have to go back to it.

Best Answer

No, it doesn't help. The device is recording sleep but it doesn't show up in the app. My wife has to go in and delete previous logs to get it to show up. It's apparently some very poor programming/coding on Fitbit's part. You'd think with people having this issue they would do something to fix it, instead of just recommending the obvious.

Best Answer

I was confused at first by the term "flat end of the charger." The reset button is on the USB plug end of the cable.

Best Answer

@TessFromWA Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing the same inconvenience with your Charge 5. 

Let me know if you already tried the steps mentioned here earlier and if you continue to experience the same problem to sync your data. In addition, in case your device is not tracking your sleep, please try to complete the 3 pulse restart method described here below: 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience as well. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your replies and welcome to the forums, @Cosmic706 @Orh62.  

In case your device is not tracking your sleep, please try to complete the 3 pulse restart method described here below: 

In addition, please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details. 

Best Answer

Suddenly My Charge 5 stopped rating my sleep... any suggestions how to resolve?

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for confirming that you're still experiencing this inconvenience with your Charge 5, @Jimfoto @SunsetRunner @Lilleore @lincowles @Mpta @Orh62 @TessFromWA @bkitchin @Cosmic706

It seems that some of you already contacted the Customer Support team, if you already tried all the steps mentioned here earlier and you continue to experience the same problem, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Support team. Click here to get connected.

In addition, please let me know the following details, as this would be very helpful to research more about this: 

• Phone model that you're using. 
  • Version of the operating system on your phone. 
  • Are you using Android or iOS platform? 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I phone 11 V 15.1 ios im using 
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is horrible!  i received no reading last night with my brand new Charge 5 (it did work for a couple of days)  this never happened in the many years i've had Fitbits so there is definitely a problem with the 5!

Best Answer

Yep, been there, done that and none of that worked. It's definitely a software issue as the watch captures data every night but you have to go into the app and delete logs (that have already been deleted) to get the previous nights sleep data to show. Fitbit needs some new coders/programmers/software engineers if they can't replicate this and some up with a patch. For a company that sells so many watches they should be able to afford to fix it.

----------

Please let us know what happens. Have you tried deleting previous sleep logs to see if it shows up?

----------

It's a Samsung S8 plus running on the latest version for it, Pie I believe.

----------

My wife's 5 captures data but the app doesn't show it. She has to delete old sleep logs (that she's deleted before) to get it to show up. Some days it shows up and other days she has to delete old logs.

Best Answer