Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Won't Charge

ANSWERED

My Charge 5 will no longer charge (anyone else see the irony here).  I have cleaned the contacts on both the Fitbit and the charging cradle/cable.  I have tried several different USB power adapters and yet the Charge 5 does not take a charge.  It is still running, but the battery is down to just 7%. So it won't be long before it dies.  Any troubleshooting suggestions?  Unfortunately, I do not know anyone with a Charge 5 to be able to try their charger.  

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

I already dumped mine (charge 5) and am just waiting for it to happen on my Sense (that I am no longer using, I charge it occasionaly just to check). We are now Garmin users at home and even in the group that I belong to, no one is even looking or thinking about buying Fitbit again. 

Best Answer

Didn't work for me!  So sad!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a similar problem. Seems as though fitbit has perfectly timed their watch failures to occur at precisely the 2 year point.

My watch did a last ditch effort at recharging, then discharged completely after less than 24 hours. No it just vibrated whe the charger gets connected but failsvto show the symbol and does not charge. Quite frankly, I want my money back! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,
My advice to anyone with (battery) problems after the firmware update to 194.91.
Contact the Fitbit helpdesk in your country by phone. Tell them that you are having problems with the battery and want a solution. You may need to do a few things first.
If the problems persist, demand a solution from Fitbit. Even though your Charge 5 may be out of warranty, you are still entitled to a properly functioning device, with a useful life of at least 5 years or more. In my case I have referred to European legislation according to which you are entitled to a usage period appropriate to the device.
My Charge 5 was 3 months out of its 2 year warranty, but I still got a new one for free. So don't pay anything
This new one has been running on firmware 188.58 for a month now and I hope it doesn't get updated. Battery life seems even better than my first one.
Maybe someone should mark this as the best answer. (I can't do that myself) and I hope that many users will benefit from it and manage to get their defective Charge 5 replaced.
Good luck!

Best Answer

I had this problem starting yesterday.  Tried the reset button on charging cord and nothing is happening.  I tried it while it was plugged in and not plugged in.  Nothing is flashing on the screen.  Not sure what next steps should be.  Please let me know know @Sisscatt if you've had any luck on getting yours to charge with alternate method.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I called support and it was determined the the fitbit is toast. The sad thing is that it only lasted 2 years to the day and unlike the safeguard Europe has in place Canada does NOT require merchants to stand behind their products for 2 years.pretty disappointing overall. It seems in today's market quality and sustainability are just buzz words without substance. I doubt that I'll buy another smart watch till that drastically improves.Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
Good luck. I tried the reset button on the charger dozens of times and
something finally happened. My Fitbit is charged and working fine now.
Best Answer

My fitbit charge cable has no button on any of the chargers that I have for

Now what do I do

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check the cable you got with your for bit. If you look closely on the USB commector end you will see a small circle. It's not easily seen.Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It appears to just be a circle, but it can be pushed in a little.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to get assistance from the online chat, which led to them sending me a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had an after market charging cable without a reset button as well. While
these cables charge watch well enough, you're screwed if you need to reset
it.
I ended up buying a second hand one on eBay. Don't buy a new charging
cable as it will most likely be an aftermarket one using a picture of an
original Fitbit charging cable. The used one should have a picture of the
actual cable where you can see the round button on the plug that goes into
the charger.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that. Moving to Apple!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, mine has now succumbed to this problem. So bummed. It's not even a year old. I'm not just waiting for it to reach 0%. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Send an email to fit bit, they might replace it or at least give you a discount on a new one.Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent you a replacement? They only offered me 50% off a new device. Was your’s still under warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, still under warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No mine was 2 years old I was offered a discount. But it was less than 50%Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Congrats! Hope you get more time out of a new one. Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't heard anything back from them. No replavement.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes