Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery drain, even after firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi community,

I decided to open a new topic to track that even thought I have the newest Charge version on my device, the battery drain issue is still happening. This implies that I have to wait for another firmware update to have a decent device that holds battery life at least more than 2 hours.

Please Fitbit (yes, you, the company) I have been patiently waiting for the latest firmware just to realize that I'm on the same spot. I hope that the update comes earlier than the 6 months I have waited for the 1.171.50

I'm really frustrated and I'm hoping that you can step up to the challenge of honoring your community and clients

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34
but is it any better?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes works as it should!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

These links are dead for customer support, and redirects you to page which doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah and mine is having issues.  Yesterday 70 to dead on charge.  Charged it up and it worked today, then I put it on charge while I showered and now it is stuck on the blinking logo screen.  Hard reset did not work.  I don't feel good, so it sucks that I can't look at it and be like yeah you feel like **ahem** but you HR is normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning!

Hopefully you didn't hold your breath. My charge 5 was working swimmingly until Version 1.171.50 came out, and I rapidly developed the same problems others have mentioned. 

Within a day my fitbit charge 5 became 'bricked', where it would immediately die once being disconnected from the charger. After 3 circuitous discussions with customer support, who continued to blame the immediate fitbit death upon my 'looking at my watch too often' or not 'maximizing battery life settings' I finally screenshot my sync screens to show how quickly it lost charge once disconnected. (I had diligently followed their advice each time, maximizing settings to no drain battery life, recharging, restarting, and even a 'factory reset'/clear user data). 

Despite owning the charge 5 for just over 1 year (1 month outside their 'warranty') Fitbit did not offer me a replacement device but instead only 35% off a new product . I have been a fitbit customer for years now and was one of the users to pre-order the charge 5. After the disappointing customer service based on a problem causes by fitbit's software updates, I'm disheartened that this is how they are addressing it - by asking me to spend more money on an overall unreliable product and software.

Cheers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted support today and was offered a replacement model. I see whether a new model provides a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new update does not even stay for one day! It's really frustrating especially when you interchange watches for a day, you find that your fitbit is fully out and you can't exercise or do anything.... Hope fitbit provides a fix for this... asap! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m experiencing same issue.  My Fitbit was working fine 2-3 days of battery life with the features I use on.  After the latest update I get 4-5 hours with stuff off.  I’ve done all the resets etc.   customer service was no help they just wanted me to buy a new one.  Yes mind is a few months out of warranty but it was going good until the update.  Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had emailed customer care since the issue was not being resolved in spite of resetting the tracker from the menu or through the button on the charger. I finally got a replacement since my tracker was new, the tracker is updated and the charge is staying till now, so  I hope this will help those who are having issues to reach out to the customer care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Planned attrition, I fear.....

My Charge 5 is a year and a half old. Until this week, I have had no issues whatsoever. Suddenly, with NO changes, accidents, moisture, etc the device started holding it's charge for about 2-3 hrs. I did a full reset, turned off features (e.g., GPS) but nothing has helped.  The device is worthless. I am hoping someone else can help troubleshoot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A year and a half you say. Mine has just managed 5 months. Same problem - it has gone from great to rubbish overnight. I suspect planned attrition is the correct call.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now contacted Fitbit twice via live chat and both times was told I would receive email and so far not one email.  I am having the same issue with my charge 5 with the battery I have also followed all the so called fixes and nothing works.  Before I did the most recent update my battery lasted from Sunday to Sunday 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had my Charger 5 since May 2022 and now in April 2023 the battery started draining really fast such that it's dead in a day.  I have tried the usual suggestions and nothing helps, including customer support.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent time with Support today and their only solution is for me to purchase a new Fitbit. 

My Fitbit has been fine for the entire time I’ve owned it. Then this firmware update hit it it stopped working completely and now it won’t hold a charge for more than a couple hours. I charged it up and the second I took it off the charger it lost 10% battery life. I’ve had fitbits for a really long time and I’ve never seen anything like this before. I’m so disappointed in the response from Fitbit as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A couple days ago my Fitbit charge 5 battery drain is horrible my battery last at the most 20 minutes I've tried everything although I bought it used I 6 months ago Fitbit support told me the warranty ran out I knew that they did offer me 35% off a new Fitbit watch but what I've been reading the battery drain is happening to all Fitbit watches I miss wearing my Fitbit it's very frustrating at this point had to go to a Timex until they fix it

After reading everyone's posts my Fitbit charge 5 is dead the company offered 35% off a new one what is this a way for them to make everyone buy a new Fitbit watch not me I've had to downgrade from charge 5 to charge 4 I'm glad I kept it my charge 5 won't hold a charge at all it goes up to 99% then take off the charger and down to 1% I'm considering going to apple watch which means I have to buy an iphone this is ridiculous I'm not spending another dime on Fitbit until they fix the problem once and for all

Best Answer