Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

I had the same problem - I returned it and got a new charge 5 and the new one has excellent battery life… at least 7-8 days on one charge.   I think there was a batch of faulty batteries.   I would try to exchange yours. 

Best Answer

UPDATE:  I saw the suggestion to restart the Fitbit and so far that seems to have solved the problems. It’s been less than 24 hours, but I am cautiously optimistic.
ORIGINAL POST:  I too am having battery issues.  We got ours a week ago.  The first 3 days I had it, it was wonderful.  I did not need to charge it at all.  But since then it needs a charge in less than 24 hours!  My husband’s drained very quickly for the first few days, but now seems to be holding the charge quite nicely.  I just compared our settings and they were almost all the same.  I will give it a few more days, but am sadly expecting that I will have to return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sorted mine out by restarting it as someone else advised. It totally sorted it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I returned mine. Should receive my replacement in about 10 days. Hoping the replacement works better. 

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought the Charge 5 yesterday - As per usual on my fitbit devices, I turned off all notifications. GPS is turned off and manual wake for the display.

I charged it to 100% just before i went to bed - upon waking up it's at 58%.

My 4 year old versa 2 would only lose 10% off battery overnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine and I sure hope they corrected the problem when I receive my replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My 1 year old Charge 4 suddenly started to drain battery.

I followed your "Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life"?

But it didn't help at all. The funny thing is that the problem started just after latest update. So I made a fallback to an older version. But same result 😞

My latest test :

Unpair Charge 4 in my Android Fitbit app.

Delete user data (reset).

Charge to 100%

Changed:

Settings : GPS on phone

Activities : GPS off on Run, Bike, Walk, 

Display screen only when touched.

Recharge to 100%

Placed the watch in my closet.

At 7:20am 100% charged

At 11:20 25% charged

So in 4 hours the battery was drained by 75%. With no activity at all ???

Is it possible that the latest update did some changes that now requires factory reset (hard reset).

Is the battery lifecycle only 1 year ?

Br.

Pia

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android user too - losing charge at 10% per hour. Per Alex_Lane's suggestion I have uninstalled the SP02 app and I've also uninstalled the ECG app.

Hopefully this gives more battery life.

-----------------

And despite having all notifications turned off for fitbit through my phone and the fitbit device, i still receive them, despite resetting the device several times.

Frustrated in not the word.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also had battery issue with new charge 5. Bought and charged and was down to 55% in 14 hours. So I scoured the forum and did everything suggested and still within mins it was down to 51 %. So i restarted it, and the it lasted for 5 days after that, which was great right?!

Next time it was time for recharge : charged to 100% and lost 10% a day, which was perfectly acceptable , and then end of day 3 it was it went from 71% to 7% within 1 hour!

I am returning this and getting the new Amazon Halo to see if the battery is any better.

Side note: I had a very slightly used Charge 4 and I gave it to my bf for his birthday bc he didn't care about the new charge 5, and he's so happy with his charge 4 and I wish I kept it lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I've turned off the GPS. Which means 80% of the 'features' of this product are useless.

Buying a fitbit ace would be a major upgrade on the charge 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine, waiting on my replacement. 

Best Answer

Yes!  My android version is only lasting about 2 days!

Best Answer

So now with having to manually tap the display to turn on (I've never used the always on), having it on the fastest display timeout and the dimmest brightness (I don't use the GPS), battery drain is still terrible.  I've now resorted to disabling SpO2 to see if it makes a difference since it would appear the biggest drain is happening at night (a horrible suggestion for increasing battery life since that was a feature of the 5 I was specifically interested in, even though it sadly only provides an average while sleeping).  Hoping and guessing we'll see device and/or app updates that will magically remedy this.  Very frustrating and from reading others comments, the battery discharge behavior appears very inconsistent.  I really like the look and design of the device though.  Hoping to figure this out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine on Nov 12, unfortunately the tracking is still not showing it as received by Fitbit. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You shouldn’t have to do all that.  It sounds like you have a faulty battery.   I have a charge 5 and use all the features and the battery lasts at least 5-7 days on one charge.  I would request a replacement.  

Best Answer
Hey. I did all this, and it was really up and down. Returned for a replacement and it is GREAT!!! Battery lasts for ages (well over a week). Return it for a replacement mate. They must have a faulty batch.
Best Answer
Glad to hear your replacement is working good. I returned mine still waiting on my replacement. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine 2 days. It went from a full charge on Wednesday evening to 22% at 3am this morning. Not happy. 

Best Answer

Me too! I have the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope it works for me that way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes