Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680

It sucks bro.  I had a streak of about 100 days of hitting my step goal and i lost it because my battery died and I didn’t realize and was short by 70 steps. Which I did in reality but now my streak is gone I’m so mad this needs to be fixed like a long **ahem** time ago already 

Best Answer

Would anyone from Fitbit be able to clarify if this reported issue is related or a different issue? and if that firmware patch will also include this fix?

https://www.engadget.com/fitbit-charge-5-disconnection-fix-210142988.html

https://9to5google.com/2022/06/20/fitbit-charge-5-disconnecting/

I see from the articles there is still no ETA, so any additional information would be helpful and appreciated 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, in fact, I've created a post that describes the same matter

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-5/Charge-5-new-firmware-now-battery-drains-in-3-hours/m-p/517...

I do believe that the latest firmware update screwed things up. I don't know how much time are they going to invest to fix this matter. Either rollback to a previous version or deploy a hotfix....you are Google now Fitbit...

Best Answer

Same here I only get 1 hour of usage on a full charge 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I could previously go almost 5 days without needing to charge my Fitbit. Then a couple of weeks ago it went dead and didn't seem to charge. I tried the help chat to resolve and they asked me to reset it and then asked me to email a video of me restarting the Fitbit, saying they would follow up via email. They didn't respond until today and asked me to resend the video in a different format, very frustrating! However, I did discover that my Fitbit was charging but then the battery was draining within an hour or so. The green light sensor on the back of the Fitbit is staying on constantly rather than flashing as it did previously. I think that is what is causing the problem and shared that with Fitbit. Hopefully they'll respond back with helpful advice!

Best Answer

Any updates from @Fitbit  support???????????

Best Answer

Interesting.  My fitbit today drained within an hour while I was exercising, but after a recharge is back to normal.  I actually checked the green light and is flashing or off altogether right now!  Will keep an eye out.

Best Answer

Mine is draining almost immediately,  in less than an hour. Bought mine in November 2021 and would like answer to issue sooner rather than later. Have done all the suggested fixes and restarts to no avail. 

Best Answer

Have had my Fitbit Charge 5 for about a week. Very disappointed. A full charge is only lasting 2 days maximum. My other Fitbits have lasted well over a week😥😥😥

Best Answer

same here, after two hours the battery is empty

Best Answer

Mine too! And wait for it:

I've spoken to their help team three times now and their response is to reboot it and not use the GPS. A feature I'VE NEVER USED. The best part! According to Fitbit, it's a "known issue and they're working on it" IE we know we sold you something defective and now you're stuck with it. Even with their replacement plan, they won't replace it because they know the replacement will do the exact same thing. Plus, they're still selling them! Knowing they stop working! Knowing they'll do nothing about it! So you aren't alone and there is ZERO that they will do.for any of us. 

Best Answer

I've been having the same battery drain issue. I turned off Location access on my phone (it says location access is required to sync, but it still syncs just fine), then rebooted the Fitbit and fully charged it.  15 hours later, I am still at 96%.  Fingers crossed something was fixed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is exactly the same, it’s shockingly bad! 

Best Answer

Mine is exactly the same. It was holding battery for 4/5 days and now I’m lucky if I get an hour before it goes to ‘critical’ making it utterly useless even just as a watch! I’m shocked at how Fitbit are allowing this to continue and I’m sick of contacting the live chat to get the same generic replies. 

Best Answer

I’m just going to keep tagging @Fitbit until they have enough respect for their customers to offer some sort of reply. 

Best Answer

My Charge 5 battery dies the moment I take it off the charger. It has not worked since Memorial Day 2022! I’m sick of this issue. I contacted customer service and got the generic replies. I have tried everything and it is still an issue and I have been waiting for the firmware update they’ve been working on. I’m tempted to return the Charge 5 back to where I purchased it and buying a different brand!

Best Answer

I have been having same issue since Memorial Day 2022!

Best Answer

I think they must have down a new update as suddenly my Charge 5 is holding it's charge again. I was about to see if I could rollback the previous update when it suddenly came right.

Best Answer
They claim there is an issue & they have a ticket open to fix. No ETA!
Best Answer
0 Votes

here not - same issue 

Best Answer