Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 dead screen and not responding to reset after swimming in sea

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set my Charge 5 to Water Lock mode and went swimming in the Ionian Sea, I never went deeper than about 3 or 4 meters. From the moment I exited the water my Fitbit screen has been black and unresponsive. I connected it to the charger and attempted to reset (hitting the button on the USB 3 times with 1 second pause in between) but no luck. I can feel the vibration when I connect the charger and each time I hit the button, but no other response. Could it be the salt from the sea? Or did water somehow manage to enter my device and damage it? I've only had the device since December 2021 and have had no other issues wearing it in the pool, though I have taken it into hot tubs and saunas on several occasions (the last time being nearly 3 months ago though). Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @katakuri89

I appreciate all the information that you've provided about this issue with your Charge 5. 

There are a few general recommendations that are usually helpful with display issues. However, you shouldn't find any problem after using it to swim, since the device should be water resistant to 50 meters. 

In this case, since you started having this problem after you used it in the water, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes