Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 dying in an hour

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The title says recently my Charge 5 started dying in about 1 hour. I've tried the troubleshooting tips on other post but with no luck. I've had issues with the battery before but it was never this bad. And usually resetting would help. Not this time. I got the thing in January. I don't what caused it to start draining so fast. 

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Jpaul87.

I appreciate all this information that you've shared about the inconvenience that you've been having with your Charge 5 and the troubleshooting steps that you already tried. 

In addition to performing a three pulse restart using the charging cable, let me know if you've also followed the steps provided in this article to improve battery life in general.

The battery can last up to 7 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary, but the battery shouldn't be draining only after one or two days. Keep in mind that some of the feature that can drain the battery more rapidly are: 

• Built-in GPS (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 4 day when using this feature regularly, or up to 5 hours if you use it continuously).
  • Always-on display (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 3 days when using this feature). 
  • Using an SpO2 clock face (Fitbit points out in this article that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when collecting SpO2 data).

Let me know if you continue to experience the same inconvenience after all these steps. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I've done the restarts multiple times and I have it set to phone GPS. It
    used to last 6-7 days now it doesn't last an hour. I would get times where
    it only lasted 2 days but the three button reset would help but it's not
    now. I paid over a hundred bucks for this thing. I shouldn't have to replace it after a few months. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just fully charged again and within 10 minutes it's down 20%

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ultimately the charge 5 is a defective product the battery drain issue was supposedly fixed with the 30th July software update 7 months after they told us they where working on an update. It did actually make an improvement and I have seen my Fitbit last a full week. It does still randomly drain I find that doing a restart over and over and over again eventually will improve it for a while.

Although I still can’t find a way to get it to sync to my phone without it taking half an hour.

I won’t be buying a Fitbit again

Best Answer

Having the same problem. This seems like a faulty device. Can I open a warranty claim,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just contacted the chat support and they offered a replacement. I hope the replacement is not as bad 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing all these updates and for confirming that you already tried all the steps suggested earlier. 

It seems that some users have already contacted the Support team for further assistance with this. If you haven't done so already and if you already tried all the steps mentioned earlier, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed or what options are available for you. You can get in touch with them here

Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback about this as well, all your comments regarding this inconvenience are greatly appreciated. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes