Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 heart rate keeps shutting off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heart rate keeps shutting off and I have to restart watch. I’m very annoyed because I’m losing zone minutes. I’ve owned a few Fitbits since 2014 and this one has given me the most trouble.  I’m not sure what to do. At this point I feel like I wasted my money.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Sledgame Welcome to the Fitbit community!

Sad to hear that your Charge 5 isn't working as expected. As there are two ways to restart Charge 5 and I don't know whether or not you've already tried, I'd suggest to to restart it following these instructions:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a power source.

2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times within 8 seconds, holding each press for about 1 second(!).

3.) Wait around 10 seconds to see if the Fitbit logo appears.

If this doesn't solve the issue, please contact Fitbit support to get further assistance:

Fitbit Support Contact 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Thank you for replying. Yes I restart it from the watch itself and that corrects it, but it happens often where I can’t trust that it’s on. It just happened today I noticed about 2 hours ago and not knowing when it stopped. Therefore I can’t trust it and every time it happens I have to restart the watch so I’m losing zone minutes off and on and it’s really annoying me. I’m going to contact Fitbit and see if they’ll replace it. I know I’m not the only want to tap into because if you go on Google, there’s many people who have the same problem. Anyway, thank you for your time. I appreciate it. Have a happy new year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correction: “not the only one.” Not, only want to tap into. Sorry I was using voice to text and missed that correction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sledgame You're welcome! I can really advise you to try the restart I've described above. Works wonders sometimes if your device isn't working properly.

I wish you happy new year too.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes