Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps losing Bluetooth connection

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, I solved one problem and now have another. My Charge 5 keeps constantly connecting and disconnecting with Bluetooth and it’s very frustrating. Any ideas? I’ve tried all the usual things!!

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

While you are at it can you also fix the problem with those of us not in the US being unable to set dd/mm date formats. There is a separate thread in this and no one from Fitbit has bothered to respond. 

Link: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Support-DD-MM-date-format-on-Charge-5/idc-p/5099...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You must geta refund, they should not be selling this unit...?

Kind Regards

Moderator edit: updated post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update... rebooting the phone seems to help for me. I have a Moto Z4

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had this problem since I received my Charge 5 a couple of months ago!!  Very annoying but I find that if I turn off  Bluetooth on my cell (iPhone 7 plus) and then turn on Bluetooth, I get reconnected to Bluebooth.  What's weird is some days I am connected and other days I am not and have to turn Bluetooth off/on again.  This issue is not consistent!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sam’s Club

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue. My brand new Charge 5 won't pair with my phone at all. My phone can "see" it as an available device, but won't connect. I have tried ALL of the suggestions above, multiple times. I have used various Fitbit products for years and have never had an issue...until now. I was so excited to get the Charge 5 and so far it's just been a frustrating experience. What's worse is that this seems to have been an ongoing issue since JANUARY with nothing but, "Thanks for your feedback. We're working on it," from the company! Can a fix be pushed out in a more timely manner, please?

Best Answer
I was finally able to get the Bluetooth to work. I went to the settings on the Charge 5 itself. I scrolled down from the watch face, till I found settings, scrolled down from there to “restart device.” I was finally able to hold onto the Bluetooth signal. 
Best of luck. Coquinablue. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks!  I’ll try that. It’s so annoying because it starts working and then stops at some point but you don’t realize it obviously. Thanks for the hint!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found it works fine while auto syncing in the background and the connection seems stable. But as soon I'm trying to sync it through the app it's starting this disconnect/reconnect loop.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found the reset on the watch itself under settings. Scroll down on your charge 5. Find settings. Scroll down till you find restart device. This worked for me. 
Coquinablue

Best Answer

Yes, but you can’t keep doing this, there is a fault, I am going to harming…

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem, mine had not synced in over a week and I tried all the things the instructions say to do to no avail.  Today I logged into my account at fitbit.com on my computer and went to my profile, picked my Charge5 device and under settings I disabled live view.  When I opened the app up again it had synced all of the missing days and so far each time I have checked it, it updates the current data within a few seconds.  The bluetooth screen is still alternating between connected and not connected but at least it is syncing now.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Definitely worth a try. Thanks!
Coquinablue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to try that but don't see "Live View" either on the phone app settings or the Charge 5 itself.  Can you post the steps to get to that setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did it from my laptop but I assume you could do it from your phone.  It's not in the app (at least I haven't found it there) you go to www.fitbit.com and log into your account.  Click the little person icon near top right of screen > click on dashboard > click on your profile picture > click the little watch icon near top right of screen > choose your Charge 5 in the left column > scroll down the right column and "live view" is near the bottom.  Just turn the toggle button off.  I am not a programmer or computer geek, I just stumbled across this and thought I would try turning it off.  The bluetooth still alternates between connected and not connected but so far it is syncing since I did this and it was sporadic before that.

Best Answer

Thanks for the great instructions!  Unfortunately, this didn't work for me because Live Data is already turned off.  It seems the only thing that works for me is to reboot my phone every day until they figure out the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread is 6 months old... It's surprising that they haven't found a fix... makes you wonder if anyone is really working on it.  I guarantee you, this will be the last Fitbit that I buy if it doesn't get corrected soon. They should definitely stop selling them until the fix is completed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, though this thread is 6 months old there are threads about the issue that are much older.   I have never encountered such a lack of response about an issue and I can say that this is the last Fitbit I will ever buy.   Totally UNACCEPTABLE and the only response is from forum mods who cut and paste the same response time after time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

it is great to hear the team is working on fixing this issue but they have been for at least half a year and still this has not been fixed.

it is a BIG issue affecting dramatically user experience.

probably also will return mine which I hate because I do like the device otherwise very much.

shame the team is not able to fix this in a reasonable timeframe

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would send it back, I did....

Kind Regards

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes