Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps losing Bluetooth connection

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, I solved one problem and now have another. My Charge 5 keeps constantly connecting and disconnecting with Bluetooth and it’s very frustrating. Any ideas? I’ve tried all the usual things!!

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

I'll be definitely sending it back. With charge 5 they did 1 step forward and 3 steps back. I don't know how can they sell such unpolished product. Basically the only good thing is an oled display. The battery and syncing issue are terrible. The interface is a little bit choppy as well. On top of that they're unable to fix it for 6 months now.

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

But it should not have to be like that, that's pretty useless..?

Kind Regards

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry you've gone through this experience and appreciate the time taken while troubleshooting your Charge 5. As you know, our team is aware of this situation and they're working to identify a solution. I understand where you're coming from and while there isn't a time frame, your feedback will be provided to our team so they can be informed of the impact to you and other members.

Once we have more information to share, we'll update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the problem that the gps recording often looses part of the track when I am hiking. Hiking means of course problematic network coverage and as the GPS in the charge 5 is not reliable I am using GPS via the phone (via bluetooth).

The results eg in a display of 19km (correct for the complete trip) at the end of the gps track which is only about one third of that long. 

Sad that this is all so unreliable...

Best Answer
I’m sorry, too - we have all seen this same moderator response over several
months. Is the fix even on the radar/bug list? Further research seems to
indicate this was a known issue as far back as September 2021.

To be quite honest, having been a loyal Fitbit user since 2013, due to the
amazing lack of response on this severe issue, I have since “moved on”.
Best Answer

I'm in the process of replacing my Charge 5. If the new one will have the same problem, bye bye Fitbit. It's to expensive to justify this kind of bugs.

Best Answer
The solution works for some people but there seems to be no attempt by Fitbit to update and fix the issue or offer additional possible solutions. Mine is working at the moment after a complete reset of my Fitbit watch. Now it won’t hold a sync to my aria scale. Arrgh. 
Coquinablue

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Well, that's strange, but I tried it.  I hit the sync icon in the app, then walked a short distance away, and the sync did happen. I guess that's a bit better than rebooting!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for sharing your feedback about this situation. I understand where you're coming from as this isn't the type of experience that we want you to have. Our team keeps working on this to bring a solution to all our affected members. While there isn't a time frame, rest assured your feedback will be passed along to keep them informed of your experience.

In the meantime, please be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brand new Fitbit charge 5 and have the issues.connecting/disconnecting/ connecting /disconnecting non stop. Tried all the trouble shooting steps and it doesn’t solve it

Best Answer

Came here looking for a solution. LOL

Best Answer

Hi there, @Aceskace and @RaffiT.

Thanks for joining this thread and the steps tried on your own. As mentioned before, our team is aware of this situation and they're working to get this fixed. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Charge 5 and please know this feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

While we don't have a time frame, I'd suggest keeping your tracker and Fitbit app updated to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is Fitbit actually doing for this issue? I unfortunately purchased a Charge 5 in November and keep having this issue every couple months, now nothing I do gets it to connect so I have an overpriced watch and premium membership I have to pay for without a working device. Like everyone else I have followed all the steps and nothing works, please provide something different than the canned message I see repeated here, customers deserve honesty or their money back. 

Best Answer

I agree with this post....the canned responses repeatedly without any further details or an update on timeline is ridiculous.  Fitbit is owned by Google since January 2021 and this is not the appropriate way to keep loyal Fitbit customers when the first "Google" Charge 5 Fitbit has a severe issue like this and there is very little transparency on what is actually being done to resolve the known and accepted issue with customers.  I've offered to reproduce the issue and collect any logs or work directly with a developer to work through root cause of the issue, but I've been assured earlier in this thread that internally the team is aware of the issue and is working on it.  Here we are 8+ months after November 2021 when this issue was reported and we STILL don't have anything more than a canned response.  That is unacceptable.  Do better! 

FYI - I am a Software Development manager myself and I know how this process should work.

Best Answer

I've received replacement pebble today and so far so good. I'll be testing it extensively in coming days.

Best Answer

You mean a new charge 5?  If so, I’d be shocked if it works without issue!  

I restarted my Charge 5 as well just like Coquinablue did and the connection seems to be stable with my iphone XR.  Will check back and see as soon as i start having sync issues, but if you haven’t tried it yet, may want to as anything is possible at this point!  Pretty sure we aren’t getting a fix from Fitbit before they scrap the 5 and breakout a charge 6 with the issues fixed!

Best Answer

I just finished with a chat with your support and they are saying my fitbit is syncing but no Mam...it is not...it keeps timing out. 

Best Answer

Where is Fitbit on this now that over 6 months have passed? I purchased a new charge 5 in November and it is already malfunctioning. After completing all the provided steps twice to get it to sync it is still not working.  Also, congratulations to support representative using the name Ralph Kaiser for the absolute worst interaction I have ever had. I don't think they actually even read my messages, took a long time to respond, and then never actually did anything or offered solutions. It seems like I was talking to a bot who didn't understand me and then ended the chat without actually doing anything. It seems like the quality of these devices has tanked and there is no effort to make it right when customers devices fail. After reading months of people getting nothing but a canned response and no solutions here I am thinking it is time to pick another brand and move on, very disappointing and I am regretting buying this device.

Best Answer

Well heck yeah! were you contacted or did you just get one?

Best Answer

I've noticed lousy connectivity when I have poor cell service. As long as I am on my WiFi, I don't have an issue with Bluetooth. The charge 5 stays up to date, but until I get on WiFi I don't bother to check stats on my phone. It seems crazy, but somehow the program needs internet service to update via Bluetooth.

Best Answer