Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps turning off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge five screen goes black and won’t turn on. I restart with the cable. Battery shows 100%. Within a minute it turns off again and screen goes black and won’t go back on. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Cottageboy. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums.

As a first approach, please make sure you've restarted your Charge 5 as described here

If the restart doesn't work and your Charge 5 doesn't vibrate during the restart process, please follow the steps below: 

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello & welcome @Cottageboy 

Sorry to see you're having problems with your Fitbit. 

A troubleshooting step you can try is changing the clock face. Sometimes this process will get your Fitbit "unstuck" so it works properly. From what I read, it may take several attempts at changing clock face and/or restarting your Fitbit to get the screen to respond & stay on. If you're successful, you can change the clock face back to the one you prefer. Click here for instructions on: How to change Charge 5 clock face 

If these steps don't work, I recommend that you contact Fitbit support. They will likely walk you through the same troubleshooting steps. Once they confirm that the troubleshooting doesn't return your device back to normal operation and if it's still under warranty, they should send you an offer to replace the tracker/pebble or a discount on a different device. If your Fitbit is out of warranty, they should offer a discount on a replacement. Note: the discount is on the full price of the device, even if it's on sale in the Fitbit store. Click here for: Fitbit support 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
Thanks. It worked but again stopped responding. I will contact help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer