Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps turning off

For the past month my charge 5 just shuts off. When I connect to the charger it restarts and battery charge is good. 

I don’t get through my 60 minute walks without it turning off mid walk and doesn’t record the walk. I switched to using the app on my phone to record my walk which at least captures the data but watch is still shutting down mid walk. So frustrating. 

seems to be getting worse. Shut down 3 times today and my battery needs to now be charged at least twice a day. The watch is only 1 plus years. I really love my Fitbit but I’m losing faith in the brand. Yes I turned off the gps on the watch. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Mine is doing exactly the same. It’s driving me crazy. I just feel like binning it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Fitnow56. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5. I understand how you must be feeling. Thanks for the steps you've tried prior to posting here. @Lynnepaul Welcome on board! We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration. I will do my best to help you two!

As a first approach, please restart your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue with my Charge 5 for over a month.  It seems to do it when the battery gets down between 40 to 50%.  It happened earlier today so I did a factory reset and switched the clock face as suggested.  Now it just did it again, less than a minute after I synced it to the app.  Battery was at 48%.  I have firmware version 20001.194.91 on the Charge 5.  The instant it contacts the charger, it vibrates and powers back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same problem! I can be anywhere from 70% batter on up and it will shut off. I lose step counts and overnight sleep. Have you received any advise or updates to fix yours? I bought my Charge 5 nearly 2yrs ago but there's nothing wrong with it ... other than I dropped out of the premium package. 

Best Answer

I tried turning the screen to “always on” and that kept it from randomly shutting off, but battery won’t last all day in that mode.  I did a chat last week with Fitbit support and they couldn’t solve so they gave me 35% off for a new one. My Charge 5 was right at 2 years old too and worked perfectly until this issue.  I ended up getting a Charge 6 and I’ll see if it lasts another 2 years.  So far I’ve had it 24 hours and it’s exactly like Charge 5.  I’m not impressed.  Except that it hasn’t died yet so I guess it’s got that going for it.  The only new feature on the 6 is You Tube Music and I already deleted that because I didn’t want to sign up for it. 

Best Answer