Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 locked up at logo screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge has been working very well since I bought it. For no apparent reason it displayed the logo screen today and won't do anything else. I have already tried the following as recommended elsewhere but its still stuck on the logo screen.

1. plug into charger and press button 3 times with 1 second between. I've done this MANY times and I get the vibration, then a blank screen and then the logo screen comes back on.

2. I have tried to connect using the app on my phone but it does nothing, can't find the device.

3. I have tried changing the watch face on the phone app but this has not worked.

Nothing unusual happened to my charge 5 before this started and it had been working great for almost a year now.

Any NEW productive ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well I called support today and the person walked me through all the recommended steps which didn't help. But since I bought it last January they are sending me a new replacement Charge 5. Up until now I've had no problems and have been very happy with the Charge 5, hopefully this replacement will last longer then 8 months.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

my charge 5 - it won’t sync, it won’t retain data, it keeps locking up on logo and then nothing.  It reverts to an American time zone and I am in the UK.  I have had Fitbit’s for five years and been very happy.  This charge 5 has ruined five years of stats and has been nothing but trouble since I got it last December. 

Best Answer

Mine just started doing this same thing. Did you find a way to resolve it without buying a new one?

Best Answer

No sorry!  I’m giving up on them… they were brilliant but that was before they teamed up with Google.  I am waiting for the new Apple Watch to launch which will bring down the price of the one that suits me and will be a replacement for my Fitbit charge 5.  My troubles have been since I bought the charge 5 back in December 21, so they are not in a hurry to get it right.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's Charge 5 is now doing the same thing this morning. I have tried the 3 things also. Nothing. Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Best Answer

Mine has done the excate same thing. Just got off  with tech support. They had me clean thre contact on both Fitbit and charger plug part With alcohol and said to put it on the charger and to re try after 30 mintues.   so idk

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I called support today and the person walked me through all the recommended steps which didn't help. But since I bought it last January they are sending me a new replacement Charge 5. Up until now I've had no problems and have been very happy with the Charge 5, hopefully this replacement will last longer then 8 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks we also called support and since ours was purchased in April of this
year we are getting replacement.
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also happened to my 8-month-old Charge 5. I went through all the possible solutions with support, and nothing worked.  Support suggested I would get an email with instructions for replacement (I sent proof of purchase) - yet I received an email saying my producer is ineligible. for replacement - without specifying why. What gives? Either way, it is a pretty lame product if it fails after 8 months. 

Best Answer