Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 low battery alerts when battery is good

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 sends me low battery alerts when my battery shows, on my phone and on my wrist, that the battery level is over 80%.  How can I change this to send alerts when my battery is actually much lower?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, welcome to the Fitibit Community forums, @SunsetRunner. 

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the Charge 5. 

You should be receiving a low battery notification when your battery level is around 25%. Let me know if you're always receiving this notification when you're around 80% or if it happened only once. 

Unfortunately there's no setting available in the app to adjust the percentage of battery for low battery notifications at the moment. You can only turn them off or on in your app settings. I would recommend that you post this idea in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community, since this section is regularly monitored by the team of developers: Ability to change "low battery" notification % level

In the meantime, you can try the following steps as well: 

1. Remove your Charge 5 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Go to your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop. 
  4. Reboot your phone and log back into your account.
  5. Pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and let me know if you continue to experience the same behavior. 

I'll be around.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Charge 5 for two weeks and it has sent me the low battery alert three times; it was at 88%, 82% and 91% respectively.  I will try to clear the cache and get back to you on if that helps or not.  Thanks.

Btw, I tried to reply to the email sent me and the message was undeliverable because the mailbox was full.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thank you for sharing this update. 

Let me know if you continue to experience the same behavior after the steps suggested earlier. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes