Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not able to sync since 4.15 update

Hey guys, wondering if anyone else is having this issue or has a resolution.

My phone updated the Fitbit app on 4/19 and since then I have not been able to sync any data (sleep, steps, zone minutes etc) onto the phone. I deleted and reinstalled the app as well as restart the Charge 5 but nothing seems to be working.

The Charge 5 is working and tracking. It just does not seem to sync. The sync bar moves across the screen like it is syncing, but nothing happens after.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I’m having this trouble today. Won’t sync and hourly activity isn’t registering.

Best Answer

This had happened to me today, tried everything and nothing has worked 😳

Best Answer

I same your problem.
I before unknown is Fitbit Apps problem, i hard reset my watch, after to confirm search my charge 5, but cannot open verify code on the charge 5, Fitbit Apps will show cannot connect charge 5, and please check your Battery, Bluetooth, Usb to restart, return to connect device page repeat to setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app has shown sync problems with battery available, the screen goes dark at least every 3 days, and today the Fitbit lost half my exercise data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly what's happened to me today, nothing recorded since 640am - I did a live chat with customer service and they said there is a glitch! I've to keep an eye on it for 2 days and contact them again if it isn't sorted but it appears to be recording my steps now 😀

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
Thanks for the feedback. Mine appears to be working again after another
reset with the USB. Hopefully they will have a fix soon.

Marty Walker
Best Answer
NP - mine recorded my sleep last night too so hopefully 'the glitch' has resolved itself.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, i try reset with the USB, every cannot to fix problem
So, after hard reset my Charge 5 haven't fix connection problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem, but it seems to only be happening with the time on my clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues of not being able to sync since the last update on 4/24. If I turn Bluetooth off/on several times it will finally sync. 
Will there be a new update to fix bugs?

Best Answer

Since yesterday my Charge5 won't sync anymore, no matter how often I restart the device. And I don't get text messages on my device anymore either. Any advice please?

Update: after a chat with support I force closed the Fitbit app, turned off Bluetooth, waited 10 seconds, and turned back on, all while my device was on the charger . After that, it started to sync again.

Best Answer