Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not tracking sleep and heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had fit bits since 2015 and I just recently bought the charge 5.  It has been disappointing so far.  Never tracks sleep correctly charge 2 was way better at that.  Heart rate works when it wants.  Big let down.  

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forums @Gabbylou2u.

Thanks for sharing the experience with your device. I'm sorry to know the inconvenience that you are experiencing.

Please, let me try to help you out. When your body is completely at rest and you haven’t moved for about an hour, your device should record that you’re asleepBefore considering other options, please keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your tracker from recording your sleep. Please make sure of the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device as described in this help article.
  • If you slept for less than 1 hour for sleep patterns or less than 3 hours for sleep stages.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

If you haven't done so already, please follow the steps listed here below: 

1. Complete a three pulse restart procedure using the charging cable. 
  2. Try adjusting the sleep sensitivity on the Fitbit app and check if you continue to have the same problem.

In addition, please wear your device on your non-dominant hand and monitor it for the next few days. In the meantime, for the nights that don't have sleep data, you can manually log your sleep by going to the Fitbit app, tapping on the "+" icon next to the sleep tile > Add Sleep Log and entering your details.

Regarding the situation with heart rate, follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading, this has been useful to other users who have experienced something similar. 

Best Answer

I’m still having the issue with the sleep , So I intent on finding something else.  Like I said never had a problem with charge 2. I’ve been wearing this one nonstop for two weeks it’s only recorded a handful of days.  Just very disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes