Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 not tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought the Charge 5 to track my sleep and so far it’s not doing very well. After a full week it has only properly tracked my sleep for one night giving me a sleep score and full breakdown of all my stages. I have followed the guidance around wearing it to bed and not having it too tight on my wrist. Any other advice before I decide to return or not? 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Jonnyk8_8

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience you've been experiencing with your Charge 5 and the troubleshooting steps that you already tried.

It would be necessary to have sleep information recorded in order to receive sleep stages and sleep score. If you haven't done so already and in addition to the steps you mentioned, could you please confirm if you've tried all the recommendations listed in this thread

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  From reading the posts, it seems like MANY people have this problem.  My Charge 4 worked well, and I decided to upgrade.  My charge 5 randomly quits recording my heartbeat.  When that happens, I don't get zone minutes or sleep tracking, etc.  I can correct it by restarting my Charge 5; however, I don't wake up at night to check if my heartbeat is recording properly.  I hope that Fitbit is going have a fix for this.  My Charge 5 doesn't work as well at my Charge 4.

Best Answer

@MomExercise Thank you for sharing that you've been having the same problem to track your sleep and your heart rate information with the Charge 5. 

As you mentioned, the restart procedure is usually helpful with this type of issue, but it shouldn't be necessary to constantly restart your device to have your information recorded. In addition, it's recommended to follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading. 

However, if you already tried all these steps and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes