Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 reminders to move repeatedly being disabled on fitbit.com

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In every area on my Fitbit Charge 5 settings as well as on my app settings, I expect to get reminders to move on weekdays between 8 AM and 6 PM, and this used to work perfectly until the past couple of weeks.  One day they stopped; I do not have sleep mode or quiet mode etc. engaged, and the app clearly shows the reminders are on.  Poking around on fitbit.com in my device settings I found a section where reminders to move were labeled "Disabled" and there was an on/off toggle set to Off.  I toggled the reminders back on and they worked for another day or two.  But every couple of days I must get back on the website to change the toggle from Off back to On - and i have no idea why this is happening.  Settings on the device and the app all agree these should be working.  Help?  TIA

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your solution not working. remind to move on my charge 5 has disabled

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @bepfarr 

I would look to see if you have the latest update on your Fitbit App and update it if necessary. Sometimes logging out of the Fitbit App helps as well. Just log out of the Fitbit app, restart your phone then log back into the Fitbit App. If that doesn’t seem to solve the issue I would try restarting your Charge 5 ….you won’t lose any data doing so. Look here to see how it’s done: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm

Let me know how it goes and hopefully I’ve been able to provide you with a solution. 
😃 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer

I just received a new Charge 5 and I have tried everything to get the reminders to move work and still nothing seems to work.  I reset the reminders to move button on but it still won't work and when I go back it says disabled.  I really like that reminder but really don't know what to do now!!  Really is frustrating!!!  Sorry you're having similar issues.

Best Answer

Mine doing exactly the same thing. I have now turned off the irregular heart rate thing above the reminder to move in the app. Only way I could get the reminder to switch back on. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately it hasn’t worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go into your charge 5 settings. (Sweep down from clock face). Go to Quiet Modes. Make sure your do not disturb AND sleep modes are turned OFF. Now mine works great. Worked originally and then stopped after update. My do not disturb had been switched to on!

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue

Best Answer

Your solution not working. remind to move on my charge 5 has disabled

Best Answer

Only thing that worked so far, thanks for this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

DND wasn’t switched on. Where do you see “disabled”? Haven’t seen that but any changes I try to make on the reminder to move page vanish as soon as I leave the page. Worked fine when I got the Charge 5 2 weeks ago, stopped, I reset it, worked for 1 day and then no more. Grrrr!!!

Best Answer

I see Disabled in the app... tap on Charge 5 > Reminders to Move says Disabled  (sometimes it says On or Off, but mostly Disabled) and I have done everything they've said to do (reset the app, reset the Charge, turned off/ on, synced, re-synced, DND and Sleep/ Quiet are all off... nothing works!)...

Best Answer
0 Votes

About half a year ago I bought an Inspire 3 which never reminded my to do my steps (even though I could see the info on the device itself), did not sync the hours, and also did not record my sleep. After much back and forth with customer service I returned it, and also the replacement they sent me which had the same behavior. I now have a Charge 5 and it was working perfectly until a week or two ago when it also stopped vibrating to let me know my steps were not complete. At least it is syncing properly. In my app everything is activated and is not being reset to disabled. My device and my app are on the latest version. I am going to try to contact customer service again, but I doubt they will be any help. You would think that they would have fixed this problem by now since your post is from over a year ago.

Best Answer

This is the best answer - I don't know why it isn't marked as best answer. I already wrote a comment before I saw this. My do not disturb had been turned on somehow (no idea how)! I just turned it off and hope that it will start reminding me...

Best Answer
0 Votes