Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 screen data is overlapping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I scroll through zone minutes, heart rate, steps, kms, calories burned on the Fitbit Charge 5 watch (not the app display), the results “stick” on the display and overwrite each other. For example, the heart rate number will keep displaying even when I scroll to steps, then the heart rate and the steps will be displayed and a result you can’t read any of the numbers. This has been happening for about a month now. I’ve scrolled through forums and gone through the help topics and can’t see anything that addresses this. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome back to the Fitbit community, @SunsetRunner!

Sad to hear that your Charge 5 isn't working as expected.
Thanks for having taken your time to look for a solution. Even if you've done that already, I'd suggest restarting it because this procedure sometimes takes more than one attempt to work. Before doing so you should make sure you've synced your device to not lose any data tracked so far. Also you should verify that the charging contacts on your device are clean and the charging pins on it's charging adapter are clean as well and can move flawlessly. In doubt, please have a look here:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Next please closely follow these instructions as timing is crucial:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

If that really won't work for you, I'd recommend erasing your device and setting it up from scratch. Make sure you've synced your device before going on. To erase your Charge 5 swipe down from the clock screen to find the Settings app. Open the Settings app, then swipe to Device Info. Now find Clear User Data, tap that and confirm. To set up your Charge 5 afterwards you might want to have a look here:

How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome back to the Fitbit community, @SunsetRunner!

Sad to hear that your Charge 5 isn't working as expected.
Thanks for having taken your time to look for a solution. Even if you've done that already, I'd suggest restarting it because this procedure sometimes takes more than one attempt to work. Before doing so you should make sure you've synced your device to not lose any data tracked so far. Also you should verify that the charging contacts on your device are clean and the charging pins on it's charging adapter are clean as well and can move flawlessly. In doubt, please have a look here:

How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Next please closely follow these instructions as timing is crucial:

1.) Connect your Charge 5 to the charging cable which has to be connected to a reliable power source.
2.) Press the button located on the flat end of the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds(!), holding each press for about 1 second(!).
3.) Wait around 10 seconds until the Fitbit logo appears on your device's display.

If that really won't work for you, I'd recommend erasing your device and setting it up from scratch. Make sure you've synced your device before going on. To erase your Charge 5 swipe down from the clock screen to find the Settings app. Open the Settings app, then swipe to Device Info. Now find Clear User Data, tap that and confirm. To set up your Charge 5 afterwards you might want to have a look here:

How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5. 

Before follow @Talahthas's, please try restarting as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

If the above doesn't work, please move forward to follow Talahthas's suggestions. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Restarting worked!! Yay! Thanks everyone 🙂 and thanks to whoever changed my subject line description to more accurately describe the problem I was having. 

Best Answer

Thanks for reporting back, @SunsetRunner, glad we could help you.

Enjoy your Charge 5!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Awesome! I'm glad to hear you're back on track. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes