Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 screen is blacked out and won't start

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my charge 5 today but the screen is blacked out.

the app can find the Charge 5 but the screen will not start. It worked earlier but is now blacked out.

tried the press 3 times on USB cable to reboot, and it will with the logoscreen, then goes back to black. 

Ive read on the charge 4 and 3 you can hold the button until smileyface appear, like a ”harder reboot”, anyone knows if its possible on the charge 5? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

I never even get the Logo. 

Best Answer

How can those of us with a blank screen possible reset in the method described. We can’t see anything on the screen. Perhaps you could share another restart method.  

Best Answer

Oops. Possibly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I just found another page on here with users experiencing the same thing. And they’ll continue to trickle in .. Then he’ll have plenty records😛

Best Answer

No logo here either.  Problem with display started two days after I received it.  Fitbit support very helpful and they are sending me a replacement. 

Best Answer

I was told they were going to escalate too. Called back this morning and there was no record of “escalation.” They sent me a return label. I’m disappointed. I have been using Fitbit since they clipped to your pocket and I’ve never had anything but a great experience until now. 

Best Answer

Are you in the uk and what number did you call please 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sent mine back yesterday. Hoping it will all be sorted quickly. I just
couldn’t get it to work. Hope all goes well with you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

If your Charge 5 display is unresponsive, try restarting it by doing the following: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

If you experience difficulties after this, get in touch with our Support team, they'll continue assisting you. In case you already have a case with them, continue the communication through email, they'll provide the options available. 

Last but not least, your reports have been shared with my team, they will further investigate this. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

How do I remove +Me too

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I wanted to thank you all for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. It seems that no other new users have been reporting this inconvenience for a while with the Charge 5 and the display being blacked out, so I will be closing this thread. 

If your Charge 5 display is unresponsive, try restarting it by doing the following: 

• Connect your device to the charging cable.
  • Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team.

Hope this helps!

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer