Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 still works after slamming it to the ground

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Charge 5 which I wear on my left wrist (non-dominant).  I became another statistic recently when I stumbled playing Pickleball outdoors, on cement.  I fell backwards and my left arm slammed to the ground.  I broke two bones in my wrist and and have been in a cast.  What’s so amazing is that there was absolutely no damage to my Fitbit and it still works.  I had to move it to my right wrist and the only negative is that it needs to be charged every 3 days and it’s impossible to put in on by myself with only, one hand…

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello there, @Sharoncs. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, thankfully you're ok. I wish you a good and smooth recovery, patience is key. Take good care of you during this time! 

Thanks for also sharing that there was no damage to your Charge 5. 🙂

Regarding the battery short life, in general, it is recommended to follow the recommendations listed in this article to improve or extend battery life.  There are a few features that would make the battery drain faster than usual, even in one day. Some of these features are: 

• Built-in GPS (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 4 days when using this feature regularly, or up to 5 hours if you use it continuously).
  • Always-on display (Charge 5 can have a battery life of up to 3 days when using this feature). 
  • Tracking SpO2 (Fitbit points out in this article that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when collecting SpO2 data).

If this doesn't apply to you, another step that has been helpful for other users having battery draining problems is the three pulse restart procedure using the charging cable. This should also help with the problem you mentioned with the display: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times within 8 seconds, holding each press for about 1 second.
  3. Wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.
  4. If the device doesn’t restart, wait 15 seconds to try again.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes