Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stopped working after getting wet

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m so frustrated.  I had an Inspire for a few years and loved it so much I decided to upgrade to Charge 5.  Everything was OK until I went in the pool with it.  And I’m talking wading, not even lap swimming.  I sat in the water for maybe 15 minutes and my watch just died.  All it does is flash the Fitbit logo on the screen, and the moment I try to reset it, it goes dark.  No response whatsoever.  I must say it happened about three months ago (I have had it for less than half a year) after showering, but back then I was able to restart it no prob.  Again, I am so, so frustrated, because otherwise it was working just fine and I really loved it.  What can I do? Sadly, I don’t have proof of purchase anymore 😞

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Tengo el mismo problema con el Change 5.

Pantalla en negro, no vibración, no logotipo... He realizado todos y cada uno de los pasos y sigue con la pantalla en negro.

Alguna , recomendación.<gracias

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Charge 5 for about 15 months and have been able to swim with it (in pool, lake, and ocean water) without any problems.  Until about 2 weeks ago.  Morning swim in a lake and when I was done tried to tap it to unlock and end my swim session, but it blinked a few times and then went dark.  I could not get it to start again until I hooked up to my computer. Now it does the same thing every time it gets wet.  Also doesn't hold a charge very well.  I've tried all the fixes listed.  So not sure if mine is near the end of it's life or it's related to the problems everyone is posting about???

Best Answer
Yo llamé a soporte y supuestamente me lo van a reponer. Vale la pena que lo intentes. Mucha gente con el mismo problema.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - gutted!

Best Answer

I have the same issue after jumping into the pool today.   Have tried all the solutions to no avail.  Hope my 2 week old Charge 5 is not a total loss.

Best Answer
Mine has the green light now flashing on the back, it’s counting steps on my phone but the screen will not turn on. I just get the logo come on for a split second. I’m not impressed at all. So many people on here having the same problems with the charge 5. I won’t be buying one again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello, 

Same here, after taking a shower.... none of the lights works !!

It's completly dead after 6 months

Best Answer

Call support... They will replace it, most likely!

Frustrating, isn't it?  Your watch is probably still covered by warranty... Call support!  I'm getting mine replaced.

Best Answer
I have done this, hopely they change it ...Verzonden vanaf mijn Galaxy
Best Answer

Mine is out of warranty.  They offer me a 35% discount on purchasing a new device.  Very generous of them. Long time and 2 different Fitbit user, I trusted the brand. This time I am looking for an alternative.

Best Answer
I wonder if they have a product that is truly water proof??

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
That's a good question. I am getting a new one under extended warranty
protection, but I don't think I'll risk swimming with it again. Why have a
swim exercise function if you can't use it?!
Best Answer

They offered me 35% off after "Bricking" mine with their firmware update. I then found out that is 35% off the 149.95 list price, not the current 119.95 price.

I don't think this is generous as they are still making money at 35% off and they were the ones that "Bricked" mine as it worked fine until their firmware update ran on it. At minimum I should get a new one at cost which is probably on $30.00 if that. Mine was a whole month out of warranty.

I will never buy another Fitbit!

Best Answer

Just happened to me 2 days ago. It's still working through the app but I can't see anything on the screen. I'm very upset. I went swimming 2 weeks ago and had no problem. This time it stopped the very next day.

Best Answer

Wow, after looking at all these responses, I am seriously thinking someone didn't understand the assignment!   😅😅

Best Answer
0 Votes

35% off the current price is tempting but not at the listed price.  Thank you for the info. 

Best Answer

So glad I found this thread.  My 18 month old Charge 5 stopped working after swimming 2 days ago.  It's happened before.  In fact, I had to replace a previous Charge 5 for the same reason.  That one was under warranty.  This one is not.  CS offered 35% off replacement which is nice, but I want something that is truly waterproof.  Yes, I always put it in swim mode.  It tracked my swim, but that's the last thing it did.  Now it's a brick.  I will not buy another Charge 5.  Might try the Inspire.  But will look at other options first.  

Best Answer
I talked to Fitbit and mine was under warranty. They are sending a replacement. They warned me that Amazon purchases may not be authentic Fitbit trackers. Hence the water issues.

I'll keep this one dry as much as possible.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

My Charge 5, purchased in November22, will not charge, It vibrates when I plug it in but there is no display. Will not turn on when I tap the face of the display.

Best Answer
Right! I bought mine straight from a real store, Best Buy in Canada. They
specialize in all kinds of electronics, etc. It was definitely a real
Fitbit tracker, but still crashed after my first swim with it. They really
need to look into why so many people are having this problem with Charge 5.
I never had this problem with the Charge 3 for 2 years I wore it swimming
and doing water aerobics!
Best Answer