Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stopped working after the update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi There, I encountered some issue when I did the firmware update from June 16, 2023. Every few minutes, let's say 5 minutes, a message ' firmware update available' pop up. When I update, it will fail at first try. After, click 'try it again' button, it will show success. Few minutes later, 'firmware update available' message will show again. I have repeated this whole process multeities. Now, my charge 5 have two issues:

1, display is very dim. it almost can't be read.

2, battery drain so fast. From 100% to almost 0, it just last 6 to 8 hours.

If it can't be resolved, it will be totally no useful.

Appreciated any help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I always make sure my device is plugged in during firmware updates for this very reason.  Also once you finish the update, try force closing the app as well as clearing the cache.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Hello there, @Nelson_Luo. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 5 before reaching out. @DramaQueenDiva Thanks for helping out!

I've seen you contacted our Support Team before posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria,

I did follow the instruction from support team. I uninstalled the fitbit app from my cell phone and installed again. Updated the 'firmware', now, my charge 5 really stop showing anything. The screen stopped display and not sure is there any chance it works or not. Now, the app continue to show 'charge 5 update available', but I can't update successfully anymore.

Any idea?

Thanks

Nelson 

Best Answer

Hi @Nelson_Luo 

Sorry to see that you're still having trouble. Here are a couple of troubleshooting steps to try:

• Restart your Charge 5 using the charging cable that came with your phone. If you need instructions, click here: Restart Charge 5
  • Try changing the clock face using your Fitbit app. If that fixes the display issue, you can change it back to your preferred clock face. If you need instructions, click here: Change Charge 5 Clock Face

If these steps don't fix your screen issue, the I suggest contacting Fitbit support again. They will probably walk you through the same troubleshooting steps that you've already done. Once they confirm that none of the troubleshooting steps return your device back to normal operation and if it's still under warranty, they should send you an offer to replace the tracker/pebble or a discount on a different device. If your Charge 5 is out of warranty, then they should offer a discount on a replacement. Note: the discount is on the full price, even if the device is on sale in the Fitbit store. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes