Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 stopped working altogether

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 worked fine for 2 years but has stopped working.  I trued all the resets options and nothing worked.  I checked the web to see the life expectancy for a Charge 5.  Apparently it is normal for a Charge 5 to fail after 2 years.  My Citizen EcoDrive is still working after 20 years!!  Fitbit has apparently built in obsolescence/failure.  In view of the mountains of electronic waste around the world this is completely unacceptable and as they are apparently unrepairable, even more so.  Inwill not be buying any more of these throw away gimmicks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @marsrogj. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. It's sad to hear that your Charge 5 is still not responding despite all the steps you've tried. I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling as your Fitbit device is only two years old. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

Please note that our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy  is set into providing as much coverage as we can. For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty 

I'll be more than glad to help you with your Charge 5. In order to do so, may I know more details about the issue with your device? Is it not charging? syncing? Also, please let me know all the steps you've tried so far so I don't provide the same ones. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It charged but the battery died after roughly 12 hours. So either the battery is dead or there is a fault which drains the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marsrogj Thanks for getting back and the details provided in your recent post. Let's figure out what is the issue with your Charge 5's battery.

If you haven't done so already, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article to improve battery life in general, as this has been generally useful for other users. In addition, please complete a three pulse restart following the steps listed here below: 

1. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  2. Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times (end if the USB cable), pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears.

The battery can last up to 7 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary, but the battery shouldn't be draining only after a few hours. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Already tried that several time, the display no longer shows anything and the vibrator does not vibrate when the charging cable is attached.
Basically it is dead.

Sent from the all-new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer

@marsrogj Thank you so much for trying the steps I provided above. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this issue. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you shortly! 

We hope to get you back on track soon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes