Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 touch screen after latest update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, after updating the latest firmware, I noticed my screen is literally "untouchable". I can't navigate at all. I ended up having to keep swiping the screen up and down, in the hope it'll change to the screen I want to go.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hi, I appreciate all the information and feedback that you've provided about this inconvenience with your Charge 5, @weishein

Before considering other options, please let me know if you already tried the steps listed here below

1. Complete the 3 pulse restart procedure method using the charging cable.
  2. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to use the swipe feature without any problem. 

Let me know if you continue to experience the same problem afterwards. 

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello DavideFitbit,

My Charge 5 is non touchable as well. I've tried - 3 presses on the charger, changing the clock face & even letting the battery completely drain. Nothing works & I sti can't access anything other than turning the screen on with a double tap. What else can I try?

Thanks Cynthia 

Best Answer

I have tried the 3 pulse restart. Managed to change the clock face. It's even worst now. Can't even swipe any direction. Double tap to see the time. That's all at the moment.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. After restarting the fitbit the screen works for a bit, but after a few minutes it only shows the time and can not be swiped.  I have also un-installed and reinstalled both the app and the fitbit itself. I went from the battery not holding a charge (which still isn't fixed by the way) to having nothing but issues. The new update made things worse, not better.

Best Answer

mine going from bad to worst. yesterday can still tell time. today, no more display.

Best Answer

yeah.. i will have a chat with them soon. thanks. there are some users having the same problem too.

Best Answer

Please do share with us the outcome here so that other users can be cautious before updating. Thanks.

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

I contacted customer support via chat & was told someone with more detailed knowledge would contact me via email. Two days later...nothing. 

Best Answer

I contacted customer support through chat this morning (7.22.22).  They step by step me thru the 3 pulse restart, NOTHING.  They asked if I was using the original charging cable that come with the device, i sent them a picture of it along with the screen being black after trying the restart.  Then they were checking my warranty since I purchased it in January 2022.  Their system was malfunctioning and they would send me an email of warranty information within the next 24 hours.  So now I am waiting. 

Best Answer

Why do they need to check warranty? Its globally released in Aug 2021 so whose warranty can be expired? Lol

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

That is a good question.  That is what they said, so now I am at a stand still.  I have a feeling that nothing will come of this and I am out the money I spent on this device as well as the service cost each month that i pay for.  

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit My Charge 5 is completely dead now. Nothing on the screen. Nothing can be displayed. So how now? Any more steps that I need to take? Like dancing with it outside, under the summer sun? It is getting ridiculous you know what I mean? 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing that you already tried all the steps suggested earlier and that you continue to experience the same problem. 

In this case and if you haven't done so already, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed and what are the options available for you. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. You can click here to get connected. 

Thanks again for the information provided. The team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience and your feedback is an important part of that process. 

Best Answer

yes  exactly,  clock face and I can not change the face either

---------

I am unable to change the clock reface and orher issues that follow 

Best Answer

I finally called & spoke with someone on the phone. Received an email with a return label & sent it back on the 27th. Called today & they still haven't received it in house but they see it in transit so was returned. They should should receive it no later than Friday, Aug 12th & in turn send a new one to me soon afterwards. Ok, uh huh. I don't understand why there is a delay in receiving to sending out. I have an extra paid warranty AND it was just purchased as of Feb 2022. However; I will be patient & keep the faith that they will honor their words & I should have a new FUNCTIONING Charge 5 sometime this month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@4-0 Thank you for confirming that you've been experiencing the same problem with your Charge 5 and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

I've been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this and it seems they've provided you with some instructions. In this case, they will let you know how to proceed. 

@ObiChi2u I'm sorry to see the shipping process has taken longer than usual, but it's good to know that you'll be receiving a replacement soon. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience with this. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes