Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5: unresponsive screen then auto resets constantly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, 

I'm having a problem where my watch's (Charge 5) touchscreen stops working, has a frozen screen for about 5 seconds, then restarts itself. It has been doing this for a little over a week now. If the screen has already been timed out and I go to check the time by double tapping, it will just show the fitbit logo and reset. 

I've tried reseting from the device itself, and using the USB manuel restart. I've also tried deactivating from my phone then re-activating again. Still nothing works. 

If anyone has had this problem or knows of a other step to solving it I would appreciate it. 

Thank you, 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community forums, @Jacobm42

Thank you for sharing that you've having this inconvenience with your Charge 5 device and that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

As you mentioned earlier and if you already tried to complete the 3 pulse restart procedure and you continue to experience the same problem, please try these additional steps that have been useful for other users:  

1. Please follow these steps in case you're having trouble to charge your device. 
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Sync Now.
  3. If you  can't sync, tap on your profile picture > Charge 5 > Tile to see if a firmware banner appears. 
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

However, since you already tried a few steps, in case that you're device is still resetting or the screen is unresponsive, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes