Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't charge and stats won't reset

I tried to charge my fit bit but it never went past 25%.  It's been on 25% for the last 2 days.  Also, my stats don't restart for the next day.  The days and date change but not the stats. I'm a senior and rely on my fit bit to count my steps each day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @klanko. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Charge 5. I understand where your concern is coming from. I will do my best to help you with this. 

As a first approach, I'd like to ask if the stats you're seeing are on your Charge 5 or the Fitbit app? As per the description of your post, it seems to me like your Charge 5 is having charging issues. With that being said, I'd like to address that first. So, I'd recommend putting it on to charge on a charging wire and outlet known to be working.  Leave it on the charger for a good two hours, even if it doesn’t seem to be charging.  

When it has had two hours, try restarting your Charge 5. I would recommend trying this maybe twice in a row if a first try doesn’t work.

If the above doesn't work, please see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

The restart I'm recommending above should also help with the stats that are not resetting. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been running into the same problem with my Fitbit. It is less than a year old. I take good care of it and it no longer turns on and I’ve tried doing the reset no luck.

Best Answer

I have tried the tips that were listed above with my Fitbit, and it has not helped. When mine was still working, it would occasionally not move forward today and not reset my stats either.

Best Answer

Hello @TammyMac9472 

Since you've tried the recommended troubleshooting steps without success, you should contact Fitbit support (<-- click link). If they confirm that your device is defective, they will let you know what are your options under warranty.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

@klanko HI, I wouldn't listen to the moderator but it's up to you. That charge 5 has A LOT of issues and I bet you're experiencing the same as all of us...hundreds of people that own the Charge 5. The company ignores the bad complaints and its customers, I can almost guarantee you that this reply will be deleted. But i hope that you read it before they delete. Read the other comments on this string for the charge 5 and you'll see that there is a big issue they don't want to resolve. I've moved on to the Garmin Venu SQ 2 and LOVE IT. Good luck!!

Best Answer

Thanks - I did contact them and they replaced my fit bit.  🙂

Best Answer

Thanks so much.  I did connect with customer support and they replaced my Fitbit!  I was pleasantly surprised.

Best Answer

That is because it is less than a year old. Wait till it turns 2 then it dies and never comes back 😪 I have had several Fitbits and they have ALL died around 2 years old. I really like my Fitbit and the products I just wish the life would be closer to 5 years instead of 2!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
UGH - this is so disappointing. Thanks
Best Answer