Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried numerous usb power ports and it won’t charge, it attempts to but just says not charging 

I’ve also tried the pressing button 3 times on cable and still no joy it will not take charge, battery is now done to 1%

Update: It now won’t turn on at all 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I had the same problem. Wouldn’t charge, and the USB button wouldn’t reset the watch. Customer support was very nice and replaced the watch body. So, i decided to pry the back off the unit. By the way, use a screwdriver in the slots for attaching the band. The picture speaks for itself. 

IMG_2782.jpeg

Best Answer

Me too, it's dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @TheLegend78 @Mum2 @Rickrackrun. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Fitbit devices before reaching out. 

I've seen the three of you ended up contacting our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted fit bit and I'm getting a replacement charge 5 thanks to
Elizabeth at customer support.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mum2 Awesome! I'm glad to hear our team was able to help and that you're getting a replacement.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly my replacement arrived and it had no charger so I still have no Fitbit, because it won't charge

Best Answer
0 Votes
Um, didn’t the Fitbit help person ask about the cable? From your comment it sounds like the cable is missing or wrecked. Contact them and let them know. Replacing the watch body won’t be of much use if you don’t have the cable. In my case, I had access to another charge cable, so I could tell that wasn’t the problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No she may not know that all they sent was a the watch, no strap nothing, the guy I spoke to tonight said put rubbing alcohol on the contacts, I'm thinking why it's a new watch but he just wasn't very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, both my daughter’s and my watch leaked, so the contacts were damaged inside. She bought a second charge cable before we figured out the cable wasn’t the issue. They’re 10 bucks, or so, on Amazon. You can probably talk the fitbit help desk into sending you one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the that, I hope your watches are o.k. now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bye the way, the picture shown in my initial post is of the internal connectors of my old watch. This is inside the watch and you have to pry the back off to see what the picture shows. It looks a lot like the outside, but it isn’t. What we see is a lot of corrosion due to water or sweat getting inside the watch, especially on the left-most connector. Again, this is inside the watch. Nothing you or I can do about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes