Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't record steps per hour correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been checking every aspect of my Fitbit for the past few weeks because it does not record my sleep properly compared to my other two devices used on a nightly basis. Most annoying is that on my steps per hour it does not track steps in an hour unless you update your Fitbit within the hour I have been babysitting dogs for the past two weeks and definitely get, a minimum of 250 steps per hour but some days it shows that I only had three hours where I hit that goal. Very concerning that Fitbit continues to under perform time and again. Once it gets near to being one year old, the functions stop working properly. I have been a Fitbit owner since 2016 and had to replace many Fitbits within a year or just over a year each time not sure why I stay with Fitbit going to consider the Apple Watch now.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Remarkable😐within less than 10 minutes of my initial post about inaccurate data for steps per hour, when I tap to go back to the forum it takes me directly to their marketing page to show available devices for sale! This just proves my earlier point that the Fitbit only works  reliably for around a year and then they expect you to buy a new one. Prime case of planned obsolescence.

Best Answer
0 Votes

People who are blind and rely on Apple‘s voiceover screen, reading software have been denied access to hourly data. Hourly data or distance, steps, calories and floors is not available for the blind user. The problem has been reported to Fitbit customer care and Google, Disability Support representative. This has been a long-standing problem. I hope the issue you are addressing will be corrected more rapidly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed, Jogger. I am on my 4th Fitbit over 6.5 years. They especially cause the Fitbit to malfunction when they ate intoducing a new model.  related timing. Incredibly related timing😖

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going to have to buy the Apple Watch

Best Answer
0 Votes