Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't show the correct time after traveling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I traveled this past week and the time on my fitbit changed on the way out, but when I came home it has not switched back to central time zone.  How can I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community forums, @tandberg

Thank you for all the details about the inconvenience you experienced with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, please make sure your phone meets the requirements listed hereKeep in mind that your Charge 5 may show an incorrect time if it hasn't synced or if it has been unpaired from your Fitbit account. Your Fitbit grabs the time of the device you're using to sync your data. If you haven't done so already, please try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:

• On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
  • Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Sync your Charge 5 automatically when you open the Fitbit app or manually by tapping your profile picture > your device tile > Sync Now. If the issue persists, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

In addition, try disabling the automatic time zone option as suggested here and try restarting your device as well if you're still having this problem. 

Hope this helps.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @tandberg  since the Fitbit takes the time from the device you sync to, try syncing a few times and restart your phone. See if that works for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the input...however I've done this 3 times now and that's not working, either!!  So weird and frustrating! This has never happened to me!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums, @tandberg

Thank you for all the details about the inconvenience you experienced with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, please make sure your phone meets the requirements listed hereKeep in mind that your Charge 5 may show an incorrect time if it hasn't synced or if it has been unpaired from your Fitbit account. Your Fitbit grabs the time of the device you're using to sync your data. If you haven't done so already, please try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:

• On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
  • Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Sync your Charge 5 automatically when you open the Fitbit app or manually by tapping your profile picture > your device tile > Sync Now. If the issue persists, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

In addition, try disabling the automatic time zone option as suggested here and try restarting your device as well if you're still having this problem. 

Hope this helps.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer