Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 won't update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Charge 5 today. As soon as I connect to Fitbit app on iPhone, it tells me to update firmware. I started the update but it always stops halfway. I tried different Wi-Fi, restarting Charge 5, restarting my phone, but nothing works. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update: I used another iPhone today and it updated in a flash. 

Possible reasons:

-Bluetooth on my iPhone doesn't work too well. I've broken my phone several times and sent it to a cheap repair place. Maybe they didn't do a good job. 

-Fitbit update doesn't work for all phones. Might be a bug they need to fix.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Let's try the following troubleshooting if you're still experiencing difficulties:

- Force quit the Fitbit app 

- Restart your phone once again 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It just took me 3 goes at this but this worked in the end I have iPhone

fully close Fitbit app go to settings put in airplane mode count to ten then turn back on go to Bluetooth and forget device then keep your phone within 3cm of your phone touching worked for me your charge 5 will auto reconnect restart the Fitbit app just sync not update then after sync has completed then try updating firmware again should work be warned mine took about 35 minutes 

Best Answer

Yes I too am having the same issue. I have tried all the trouble shooting methods and nothing has worked. The update gets about 75% through and then just disconnects. 
I also cannot change the clock face as the install button is greyed out, and! the magnet for the charger does not seem very strong, drops off as soon as i pick it up ☹️

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem! Tbh I’m getting massively naffed off with Fitbit! This charge 5 was their last chance with me! I was perfectly happy with my charge 4 till an update made the screen invisible unless in a dark room! I thought I’d give them another chance as I love the features but can’t even get the charge 5 to update!!! It’s very close to going back in its box and being sent back and the charge 4 in the bin and me over to garmin or Apple for a watch!! 

Best Answer

Update: I used another iPhone today and it updated in a flash. 

Possible reasons:

-Bluetooth on my iPhone doesn't work too well. I've broken my phone several times and sent it to a cheap repair place. Maybe they didn't do a good job. 

-Fitbit update doesn't work for all phones. Might be a bug they need to fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I didn't quite trust Fitbit either. I had a versa once which just won't charge/turn on after a year. I've been using garmin because their running watch I bought in high school still works till this day. I'm only giving charge 5 a chance because of ECG feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine to update by sitting still with my phone in right hand and Fitbit in the other millimetres apart (wouldn’t work other way round)  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. How frustrating. Nothing works. Cannot update this brand new charge 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have another iPhone so what do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through the same thing, finally got to talk to a live person at Fitbit, after trying the proposed solutions they mailed me another one at no charge that updated with no problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes