Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a Warranty for my Charge 5 from Amazon?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I read on this Charge 5 community page how a lot of owners of Charge 5 are having trouble with battery drain and screen malfunction. My battery charge has declined once 40% in one day. Other days are OK at 11%.
Question #1: Is Fitbit working on changes that will fix battery drain and screen malfunction problems?

I bought a Fitbit Charge 5 from Amazon.com in July. According to my bill from Amazon, Amazon will accept a return through August 14. The bill states "Sold by Amazon.com" Because of reading this community, my 2nd question is: do I have a full year warranty with Fitbit or not? If not, please let me know, as I have two weeks to return the item to Amazon - as I don't want to keep it if it doesn't have at least a year warranty against defects.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @stanhilliard2 

I wish I had a definitive answer for your Question #1. Last that I saw, the last firmware update was supposed to address battery drain issue. However, I think that firmware update might have been pulled as it seems there were additional issues after users updated. 

As for Question #2, if your invoice shows Amazon as the seller, then you should have a 1 year warranty. From the posts I've read, the issue with other users has been that their invoices show a 3rd party was the seller although they were positive they clicked Sold by Amazon on the website. If you have any doubts, you might want to return the device to Amazon as defective. Then consider purchasing from a seller like Best Buy where there isn't an issue with 3rd party fulfillment. Click here to see the list of: authorized Fitbit retailers

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you purchase through Fitbit's Amazon store? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what Fitbit's Amazon store is. I purchased the Charge 5 from Amazon.com. I placed the order prine day evening and the package was on my porch when I opened the door the next morning. So it must have already been in or near North St Paul MN.

The record of sale is not clear to me because I don't know what "Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC " means and I don't know what "Supplied by: Other" means.

The following is pasted from the record of purchase in my account at Amazon.com .

"Shipped on July 13, 2023
Items Ordered Price
1 of: Fitbit Charge 5 Advanced Health & Fitness Tracker with Built-in GPS, Stress Management Tools, Sleep Tracking, 24/7 Heart Rate and More, Black/Graphite, One Size (S &L Bands Included)

Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
Supplied by: Other
Condition: New"

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you purchased the device from Amazon, you're not under Fitbit's warranty, so if anything goes wrong with it, you would have to abide by Amazon's policies when it comes to returns and exchanges.  There would be nothing that Fitbit could do for you in that regard.

Had you purchased it directly through Fitbit, then yes, you would have been covered for 1 year (or 2 if you're outside the US) and Fitbit would have been able to honor exchanges and replacements.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

To DramaQueenDiva: I believe you were incorrect when you said "If you purchased the device from Amazon, you're not under Fitbit's warranty,...".

FITBIT'S LEGAL TERMS OF SERVICE says:
https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/terms-of-service
"These Limited Product Warranties apply only to the original purchaser of the Product that was purchased from an authorized reseller or sales channel..."

FITBIT'S LIST OF PARTNERS AND RETAILERS says:
https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/partners/retailers
"... look for Fitbit at a retailer near you.
Shop in stores or buy online by clicking the logos below."

Below that is a list of twelve retailers. Amazon is a listed Fitbit reseller or sales channel and therefore one would expect be covered by their warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not entirely true. While Fitbit does have a store on Amazon, there's also unauthorized resellers for Fitbit on Amazon. In that case, the person wouldn't be covered under warranty.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

You are under warranty. If Fitbit doesn’t acknowledge the warranty, then return it to Amazon for a replacement. 

Best Answer

This is what Fitbit sent me regarding my black screen which was also purchased through Amazon:

Thanks for providing us with your purchase information. 
Because your product was purchased through an unauthorized reseller, it’s not covered by our warranty. For the details of our return policy, visit fitbit.com/returns 
The warranty covers Fitbit products purchased directly from fitbit.com or an authorized retailer. We advise contacting the seller from whom you purchased the product for further assistance. 
For a list of popular authorized retailers, visit fitbit.com/where-to-buy
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding
Sincerely,

the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes