Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you personally sync your Charge 5 to an iPad?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning all,

Considering getting back onboard with the Charge 5.  I would like to sync it with my 12.9 iPad.  Because of vision problems, can’t sync to iPhone.  Before I spend my shrinking social security check on the Charge 5, does the Fitbit app sync EVERYTHING to the iPad?  I’m sort of worried once I retire my Apple Watch and spend hundreds of dollars on Charge 5 watch, bands, apps, etc etc once I load the Fitbit app I’ll get a message that there are a few things it can’t do?  Have already researched a variety of comments on internet but would rather speak to my buddies on the Fitbit Forum.  Please help 🙏🏻.  Thnx!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I used to use an iPad Air 2 and the Fitbit app did everything it was supposed to do with that. I was using a Fitbit Flex 2. I found that if I walked in the house with my iPad in my hands and the Fitbit connected I could even watch my step count go up in real time on the iPad. I believe that now you would be safe as the app doesn't seem to have changed that much, it just has more features since I have been using the Charge 5. I use the app now on an LG phone which is really cheap so if it works with a Charge 5 on the cheap phone it will certainly work on an iPad.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I used to use an iPad Air 2 and the Fitbit app did everything it was supposed to do with that. I was using a Fitbit Flex 2. I found that if I walked in the house with my iPad in my hands and the Fitbit connected I could even watch my step count go up in real time on the iPad. I believe that now you would be safe as the app doesn't seem to have changed that much, it just has more features since I have been using the Charge 5. I use the app now on an LG phone which is really cheap so if it works with a Charge 5 on the cheap phone it will certainly work on an iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the confirmation OhioAnn!  Looking forward to the fitbit app on my Ipad!

Regards from Georgia,

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't speak for the Apple side of the house, but the Fitbit app is no longer available for download/installation on my Android tablet. It might be my version of Android, Ver 7.1 Nougat. A couple years ago when the app was available it worked great with my Charge 3. Bigger screen with better resolution of the graphs and a slightly different layout. The app store says my device isn't compatible with the current Fitbit app version. Rats...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   Can you please clarify something?  You wrote 12.9, but it is important to know if your iPad is 3rd generation or newer.  Your iPad must be able to support iPadOS 14 in order to download the Fitbit app.  If you don't know what generation your iPad is, you can try to download the app from the App Store.  If you can download it, you should be fine.  The Fitbit app is optimized for the iPhone, so sometimes it doesn't fill the screen on an iPad.

You mentioned buying apps.  The Charge 5 is a tracker, not a smartwatch.  Apps are very limited, made by Fitbit, and free.  BTW, that Charge 5 doesn't have the altimeter and it doesn't count floors.

@azwxguy   Android devices need Android 10 minimum.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the informative reply.  It is a 4th generation iPad running IOS 15.5.  Just checked the App Store for the Fitbit app; it states it’s only for phone —- I’m guessing it will work properly with the iPad?  Charge 5 looks to be coming in next week….😊.  PS; sorry for that ugly profile picture!  Tried to change it at the Fitbit site but the site doesn’t appear to let me ☹️🥺

Best Answer
0 Votes

AZw the Fitbit app requires Android 8 or higher.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LZee, The Fitbit app requires Android 8 or higher. I have Android 8, works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   I use the app on my iPad, too.  I didn’t have any trouble downloading it.  Sometimes it doesn’t fit the screen perfectly.  Works great for me.

If you put your Fitbit on your ankle when you ride your spin bike, then you just don’t get it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks NanaRuns, I think I just need to use the Fitbit.com dashboard on my iPad; I believe it will show edge to edge so I can see it 😊.  Then I’ll use the Fitbit app on my iPhone 13 running IOS 15+ to sync activity from my watch to fitbit and I guess / hope that should get me going.  I used to use an android in 2013 to synch up my Fitbit One that way.

Cheers,

Mark

Best Answer