Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know about Heart Rate Zone training for cycling?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I was in peak shape I used my polar HR watch to do heart rate zone training for cycling. It wasn't really oriented towards the cardio/aero/etc model, it was a program that was somewhat HIIT oriented.

Basically I would start at 60% max for 20 minutes, then up to 70% (I'm making up the numbers here) for 5 then down to 65% for 10 then up to 75% for 5 then down, etc. Then I would reach the peak and reverse the process to cool down.

This required setting zone alarms that would tell me when I was falling out of the zone. And I think I had to fuss with the alarms while riding to do this. It wasn't fun (and kinda dangerous when cycling) but it worked.

Does anyone recognize the program? I've lost my scheduling data and would like to find an informed resource.

Most importantly, I bought my fitbit charge 5 thinking this would be an obvious thing for a heartrate-oriented device but can't see anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you want to train with HR zones in mind then get different watch. Fitbit devices support bare minimum and they are rather tracking devices than training devices (lack of features supporting training). If you are looking for structured workouts you won't find them on Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

If you want to train with HR zones in mind then get different watch. Fitbit devices support bare minimum and they are rather tracking devices than training devices (lack of features supporting training). If you are looking for structured workouts you won't find them on Fitbit.

Best Answer