Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Charge 5 have the same band design as the Charge 4?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Charge 5 have the same bad design as the Charge 4 when it comes to the small plastic bracket that holds the band? Reading in the forum for the Charge 4 it seems that owners must accept that the band gets unusable due to really bad design.

Even though I really like the Fitbit app and the band functions I don’t want to spend my money on another Fitbit product that most likely will be broken and must be replaced again and again. In my opinion a fitness band is something that you could keep and use for several years. You should not have to buy a new one after just a year! 

Fitbit, please think sustainability!!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @eg13gbg.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your comments. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and we take every feedback as a learning and improvement opportunity for our products. Charge 5 has a different design and I recommend reviewing this thread for additional opinions. Find additional information about the device in our store and press release.

On the other hand, I recommend confirming that your Fitbit app and Fitbit device are up to date. For instructions on how to update the app and Fitbit device, see How do I update the Fitbit app? and How do I update my Fitbit device?

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure I can update my app and device, but I doubt that it will solve my problem with my device being unusable (since I don’t want to carry it in my pocket). Hence my question about the connector between the band and the device on the Charge 5.

Does it have the same week connector as the charge 4?

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Charge-4-Broken-Wristband-Connector-from-Housing/m-p/495244...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Charge-4-band-quick-release-broken/m-p/4952534#M52782

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Fitbit-Charge-4-Wristband-Connector-Broken/m-p/4952453#M527...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/The-band-has-broken-from-the-Charge-4/m-p/4871763#M45833

Best Answer

I am still using my Charge 3 bands and have yet to break one. I have been through a Charge 3 and am on my second charge 4. My job is a little rough on them but the bands are doing great. Sounds like a you problem.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TomS34.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I appreciate your time and feedback and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue! It broke 3 times! Twice under warranty. Third tonight and no longer protected. There was no recycling program with the previous replacements, and now I’m concerned about the design of the 5. I also read the charger is different. I’m very disappointed as well in the lack of concern for the environment. 

Best Answer

I’ve had two charge 4s, and both had the exact same problem. Such junk! I liked the device, and the app, but the problem was all in the connectors. Once those break, the watch is useless. I have yet to find information on how it if this has been corrected in the charge 5.

Best Answer

Has anyone figured out the answer to this yet? I’m still nervous to order it. 

Best Answer
The Charge 5 has a different design than the Charge 4. The 4's band design was better than the 5's. Both bands stay attached without any problems as long as you install them correctly. The 5's just takes a little more pressure to get it locked in. I hope this helps.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

It is not the band that breaks on the Charge 4---it is the plastic piece on the Fitbit itself at the top that attaches to the band.  The plastic

has broken on two Charge 4's for me.  It is a very common problem with the Charge 4.  I had the Charge 2 for years with no problems.

Best Answer