Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG app was removed when leaving supported country

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

FYI: I live in the USA and am currently vacationing in Central America (Costa Rica and Nicaragua). I just noticed that the ECG app, which I had installed and used in the USA a week ago, is no longer available on the Charge 5. Be aware that Fitbit will remove the app if the device moves out of a supported country.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

And it is not available to reinstall? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats interesting and smart from fitbit. Wonder if they would spend more time in fixing the bugs of devices. 

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in Japan and see the ECG both on the device and phone app, but it won’t let me connect. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sjds   @TinJ   The ECG app in only approved in certain countries.   Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Japan aren't on the list.  I think Fitbit knows where you are by the IP address on your phone.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's available but it won't install. No explanatory error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed many bugs and from the posts I read while researching this issue I don't expect anything to be done. I previously used a cheap Amazfit. It's looking pretty good compared the Charge 5 as far as bugs go. Don't think that I mean that it has fewer, no! But for the price?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone has this issue please feel free to send me a message as i may have a solution. Cheers.

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer
0 Votes