Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDA sensors don't work on Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

PXL_20211007_030842512.jpg

 Most of the time I get this message and the picture of where to place fingers . I've updated the Fitbit, and tried it off and on my wrist. It rarely works but most of the time the above scenario occurs. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Thank you for sharing your experience with this as well, @lynette607.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution does not work with mine and it did not work with the first one.  Someone at that time suggested wetting the fingers and it works about 90% of the time.  I seldom reads the heat rate in doing the procedure BUT if you look at the heart rate indicator, it is reading the heart rate.  It appears to me that sensors and/or the app is still not working.  4/7/22

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so glad that it worked!
Best Answer

Me too, was annoying me 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CTOCS I appreciate the information that you've shared and for confirming that you already tried the recommendations mentioned earlier. 

Keep in mind that if you're constantly experiencing this problem after all the troubleshooting steps suggested in the thread, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can let you know how to proceed. Click here to get connected. 

@Button19 @lynette607 Thank you for sharing these updates! 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using a replacement FitBit and it only works when I wet my fingers and
it frequently indicates it can not sense heart rate. I tried the link and
it took me to the Explore Your Fitbit page and it appears I go through the
same process I did before. https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/home?language=en_US
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried again. Only works if I wet my fingers before touching the sides. Fitbit there's obviously something not right as too many people experiencing issues. Does it need you to wet fingers first? Could this be a design error for this particular function

Best Answer

@CTOCS @lynette607 I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing this problem with your Charge 5. Thank you for all  your feedback about this. 

Not all users are experiencing this behavior. For the moment, it's recommended to get in touch with the Customer Support team if you continue to experience the same problem after the restart procedure. They will let you know how to proceed. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me too! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news, @Kat48! Thanks for sharing this update.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same issue (new user, just getting used to the device). I think for me, my fingers were just too dry. I tried breathing on them and with a small increase in moisture, it worked fine.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums, @Ianknowles12.  

That's a helpful tip, thanks for sharing your experience with this. 😁 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brand new charge 5 is doing the same thing come on Fitbit fix it 

-----------

Having same problem snd getting same erro

Best Answer
0 Votes

tt appears that FitBit is not going to fix the problem and we will have to continue licking or fingers to get it to work.  😞 

Best Answer

At least it works that way, I'm glad found the previous post as licking fingers works everytime. Just have to sit still for few mins🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sdumond @CTOCS @lynette607 Thank you for all the updates and feedback that you've shared. This is a workaround that some users have shared and that it's helpful in the meantime. 

However, if you already all the recommendations listed here earlier and the three pulse restart procedure and you continue to have any problem to complete your EDA sessions, I do recommend that you continue the assistance process with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with the next steps. You can click here to get connected

Thanks again for the information provided; our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process.

Best Answer

Recently I posted Eda not working pausing on finger position I went into settings and did a restart and everything is working properly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, @Sdumond!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's it! I had the problem with EDA not working, read this comment, licked my fingers, and problem solved!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah!
Best Answer
0 Votes