Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easier to get AZM early in the day?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve noticed that if I wear my Fitbit immediately after showering and while getting ready for the day, my heart rate easily reaches Fat Burn and stays there. I think it’s because my blood pressure is low in the mornings, so my heart is racing to keep me upright. 

Later in the day, it takes a lot more effort to get my heart rate into Fat Burn (I rarely exert myself enough to get into Cardio).

Does anybody else experience this? I feel like I can more than reach my recommended zone minutes just by toweling my hair and running around getting dressed. Lol 

Do you think the effectiveness of a workout varies depending on how hard (or not) you need to work to get your heart rate into target zones?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I would think it does. As people get fitter, it requires less effort to do the same intensity of exercise. That's why to increase fitness, strength etc you need to keep increasing the intensity of what you do.

I *have*  noticed with my Charge 5 that when I'm not able to exercise as frequently for a while, then start up again, my heart rate is higher while doing my usual exercise routine. I've also found that on days when my energy level was really low and I struggled to complete my normal running route, and in fact walked for a lot of it, my heart had to beat much faster to achieve even that result and I burned more calories than usual. My take away from that is that even when I don't feel up to much exercise, it's worth persisting and doing it anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes