Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit 5 not tracking sleep, not syncing properly except for steps

My Fitbit Charge 4 broke in spectacular fashion after adjusting the straps (great build quality there, guys...), and I decided to get a Charge 5 to replace it since it was on sale. That seems like it was a mistake since I've had nothing but issues with the new one I received just 2 days ago.

It doesn't record / sync any of my sleep data. For the first day or so, it refused to sync anything at all. When I go to the devices screen, it shows the Charge 5 under Devices, but there's a notice/alert to "Sync your device" but the button to do so doesn't do anything when pressed (last synced 2 days ago), and there's a little alert (for battery?) saying "No info".

Oddly enough, it properly records my step info, but even that required an initial restart to get working. There's no issue with the device not being secured to my wrist... in fact, I've tried different spots and there's been no difference with respect to the sleep data. Disabling the sync, restarting multiple times, etc hasn't changed anything.

It's also REALLY annoying that the settings for my Fitbit Charge 4 weren't retained after the switch. Movement notifications are possibly the dumbest "feature" ever invented. I don't want a device, with absolutely no context whatsoever, to be nagging me to get moving while I'm sitting down for more than 2 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0