Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 has stopped showing heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit 5 has stopped showing my heart rate for about 2 days it is new as in 1 month old. I have cleaned it taken it off etc but nothing worked

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi, @Paulrc , have you hacked your settings on your Charge 5 to make sure that HR settings have not accidentally got turned off?

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Checked all that and everything seems OK 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Paulrc , in that case I would recommend turning off heart rate on your device, waiting a moment, and then turning it back on again.  That might help.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

This happened to me yesterday too…it also syncs to my phone but doesn’t come up with any stats.  Weird.  No answer yet.

Best Answer

I have got it going again I pressed the reset button on the watch and it seem to of solved it 

Best Answer

The heart rate is no longer accurate anyway. My Heart rate dropped by anywhere from 5 to 10 BPM since "Upgrading" to Charge5.

Best Answer

How long has it been recording your heart rate now?  I reset mine and it lasted only one day and it doesn't record my sleep patterns either.

Best Answer
Hello Jogger

My relatively new Charge 5 stopped displaying heart rate two days ago, I
didn’t get a full profile of workout sessions for example and just - - in
the clock face. I assumed I simply needed to soft reset it and did so but
it didn’t fix problem.

Then I noticed the Heart Rate and Heart Rate Zone settings were turned Off,
no clue how, but anyway I turned them back on and it fixed the problem.

So:
1. Swipe down on clock face to open Quick Settings.
2. Scroll the setting options and open the secondary Settings menu (gear
icon)
3 Scroll through these to HR and HR Zone settings and make sure the
buttons are lit. If you need to turn them on your Heart Rate will show
again.
--
Duncan Dow
3024 Del Rio Drive
North Vancouver, BC
V7N 4C2
ddow@telus.net
604-880-3593
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't lost the heart rate feedback, perhaps you should see a doctor.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem and the red light is constantly on now and it wears down the battery until it goes dead. I've only had it less the 5 months!! 

I've reset the app, updated the Fitbit, turned heart rate on and off.....nothing is helping

Best Answer
I think Fitbit needs to do an update to the software for these Charge 5
watches. Too many people are having the same problems.
Best Answer

I agree, I came on here to see if there was an update. My heartbeat does not work, neither does my zone minutes. Fairly new Fitbit too.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. No sleep data - no heart rate bpm data. Bpm graph does record bit it is not informing any of the other health metrics. I have spoken twice to fitbit. Told to reset the fitbit, reconnect the fitbit, wear tighter at night. All to no avail! No data since 13th May! Very frustrated. As someone suggested - i dont believe it is my heart. 

Best Answer

I did everything Fitbit suggested and nothing worked. I was told they would escalate it to another team and get back to me via email and never received an email from anyone at Fitbit. Luckily it was purchased from Amazon, and after telling them everything I did to try and fix it, they let me return it. Check to see what type of warranty Fitbit has, or if you can return it from where you purchased it. I was very disappointed with Fitbit for not even bothering to help me further. Hope this helps someone. 

Best Answer
thank you I just spoke to fitbit and sadly got cut off in the middle of the call.

Jane
Best Answer
I believe you, my heart rate is low, but not that low!! This is so frustrating. It seems many are having the same problem, yet Fitbit can not solve it. I even looked for updates, but nothing!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
Have you seen a cardiologist?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing the some of you are still experiencing issues with heart rate and GPS. 

It seems that most of you have already tried all the steps shared in the forums to try to resolve this problem. 

I will go ahead and close this thread. If you're still experiencing any of these issues, please get in touch with the Customer Support team or make sure to continue the communication with them if you already have a case created, so they can provide you with the next steps. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Charge 5 unrelated to  heart rate not working properly, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic.

Thanks again for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes