Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 not connecting to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My texts and phone calls stopped coming through on my Charge 5 awhile ago. I discovered it was not connected to my Android's bluetooth. However, I can't get it to connect. I press "connect," but nothing happens. I have unpaired and re-paired it, turned the bluetooth off and on, uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled it, turned my phone off and back on , . . I don't know what else to do. It seems to sync. It just won't connect to the bluetooth. Help!!

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

HI @beth_carter - if it syncs then Bluetooth is working. Is it possible that the Charge 5 is just in Sleep mode?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Please follow these steps, some of which you have already done, but the order is important:

• Restart your Charge 5
  • Please on the mobile phone, go to Settings> Bluetooth, and remove all connections that are there with the tracker. (Forget, ignore or unpair the device depending on the version of the mobile phone's operating system)
  • Turn off the bluetooth and restart your phone. (switch off and on again).
  • When the phone is back on, turn the bluetooth on again, but DO NOT try to connect to the tracker from here.
  • Go to the app. From here, try setting up the tracker as a new device.

Best Answer

Thank you. Unfortunately, this did not work.

Best Answer

Can you connect other devices (headphones for example) to this phone ?

Best Answer

Yes, I have a set of wireless earphones, my laptop and my car connected.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue with my Luxe. I've tried everything!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's very frustrating because one day it works, and the next day it just stops for no apparent reason.🤔😣

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. After removing and reinstalling the app. Restarting my phone (G90 PRO). Restarting my Fitbit charge 5. I removed all paired devices.
After all that is said and done.... I turn on the Bluetooth and search for available devices - select my charge 5 to pair. and it won't link or pair. 

This happened a few days ago (including it wouldn't charge while on the charger) and in order to get it to work I had to remove my charge 5 from my account and add it back. That erases data that hasn't synched! Annoying... waiting for patch or fix. Frustrated to lose data  twice now.

Best Answer

@Momof2littles we don't pair a tracker through the Bluetooth. We setup the tracker through the fitbit app, then the fitbit app will pair the tracker. 

If your tracker is still connected to your fitbit account. On the phone open fitbit then follow the prompts. 

Or setup the tracker through the fitbit app. 

Best Answer

yep pairing device with phone doesn't work that way either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and absolutely nothing works.  It would be nice to see it fixed since I know mine is not even a year old

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It worked this morning, and quit sometime this afternoon. So frustrating. 

Best Answer

Same issue for me.  4 months old and the App won't sync or even see the device to setup.  Trash!

Best Answer

I am in the same boat. My charge 5 won’t connect to my phone. I have had this issue more times than I can count. I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps, and nothing. Fitbit products do not last long. It’s time to move on. 

Best Answer

I have same issue every time I put my Fitbit on the charger. I have to restart my phone to get it to reconnect 

Best Answer

I have had the same issue ever since I started using the Charge 5.  Very annoying.  Bluetooth is not a new or proprietary technology.  It's frustrating that Fitbit/Google cannot get the bluetooth syncing to work or maybe they don't care about fixing it.

Best Answer

If your Fitbit Charge 5 is not connecting to Bluetooth, there are a few steps that you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:

Make sure your smartphone is compatible: Check that your smartphone is compatible with the Fitbit Charge 5. You can find a list of compatible devices on the Fitbit website.

Turn off and on Bluetooth: Turn off Bluetooth on your smartphone and then turn it back on again. This can sometimes help to reset the Bluetooth connection.

Restart your devices: Restart both your Fitbit Charge 5 and your smartphone. This can help to refresh the Bluetooth connection.

Forget and reconnect the device: On your smartphone, forget the Fitbit Charge 5 from the Bluetooth settings and then try to reconnect it again.

Check for updates: Make sure your Fitbit app and your Fitbit Charge 5 have the latest updates installed. You can check for updates in the Fitbit app under the Account tab.

Check battery level: Make sure the battery level of both your smartphone and your Fitbit Charge 5 are sufficiently charged.

If none of these steps help, you may need to contact Fitbit customer support for further assistance. They may suggest additional troubleshooting steps or determine if there is a hardware issue that needs to be addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interestingly this worked. Maybe something to the sequence and then reconnecting via the app and not via the phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what where the steps that worked @OregonDoc and what is it that wasn't happening 

Best Answer
0 Votes