Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 5 not connecting to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My texts and phone calls stopped coming through on my Charge 5 awhile ago. I discovered it was not connected to my Android's bluetooth. However, I can't get it to connect. I press "connect," but nothing happens. I have unpaired and re-paired it, turned the bluetooth off and on, uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled it, turned my phone off and back on , . . I don't know what else to do. It seems to sync. It just won't connect to the bluetooth. Help!!

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Here’s the main reason y’all should get the hell away from a Fitbit if you have an iPhone:  

Now that Fitbit is a part of Google, we’re updating our Privacy Policy to support the upcoming introduction of Google Accounts on Fitbit.

Using a Google Account means you’ll get industry-leading security and unified privacy controls, all while keeping your new and historical Fitbit health & wellness data.

As always, your Fitbit health & wellness data won’t be used for Google ads and will be kept separate from Google ads data.

We’re excited to share more details in the coming months.

Thanks for your interest in Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if anyone else has posted the answer to this, but I fixed mine this morning. 

You need to go onto the app, top left - account, charge 5, general - notifications. 

Go through those settings. Mine were turned off. Now I've turned them on, and added all the apps I want notifications for....I've not had a problem. You have to leave your phone on loud for your Fitbit to vibrate when you have a notification. If it's on silent, you fitbit will be too. 

Hope that makes sense and works for you too!! 

Best Answer

Same here!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my charge 5 it never has let me get calls text on it as well as the activity or the zone activity I can work my butt off and it'll show nothing

Have not even had mine at full 90 days and it has never connected to my Bluetooth and as I said in a previous comment The zone activity some days it works some days it gives me a big fat zero and I have worked my butt off all day he cost too much just to throw it in the drawer and move on to the next device this problem needs to be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problems and got it to work. First, I tried the suggestions mentioned in this thread; removing the Charge 5 from my Bluetooth device list and from the Fitbit app, restarting it using the button on the charger (holding it for 1 second 3 times, then after a few seconds the Fitbit logo appeared). Also, turned off Bluetooth on my phone and restarted it. Connecting through the Fitbit app didn't seem to work, it got stuck in connecting.

I'm not sure if the above influenced the result but on my last attempt I had the Charge 5 restart (through the charger), turned off Bluetooth and restarted my phone. I opened the Fitbit app and tried to connect (while BT was still off). When it attempted to connect I switched BT back on and it immediately found my watch. Hopefully this helps anyone!

Best Answer

I had the same problem. Multiple times uninstalling the app, forgetting the device in the Bluetooth, trying to restart the watch by the watch as well as with the cord with no luck. I finally looked at the litty charging connections on the watch, the little circles and found that a couple were dirty. The watch was fully charged, after cleaning the connections I was able to reset the Charge 5 and all seems to be working again. Don't know why that would work as the watch would charge, but it did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting from the charger worked for me. The battery was at 32% while low doesn’t seem critically low that Bluetooth would shut off.  But I suspect that was the issue.  Thanks for the tip. 

Best Answer

This did not work for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new phone and it won't let me connect to my charge 5. I've tried everything I can think of to connect. Disconnect from the fitbit app and everything else but it won't reconnect

Best Answer
0 Votes
Shocker. Get an Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer