Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit support lost 2.5 years of my data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen of my Charge 5 stopped showing a display two weeks ago, so I called Fitbit support to see if there was anything I could do. The support person instructed me to disconnect the device from the app so that I could set it up again as if it were a new device.

However, in order to set up a new device, the Fitbit app asks you to enter a code displayed on the screen of the Fitbit. My Charge 5's screen was still broken so I wasn't able to see a code. And because my Charge 5 was no longer connected to the app, all my data — 2.5 years' worth — was gone from the app, all because I listened to terrible troubleshooting advice from Fitbit support.

When I called for help, Fitbit support showed me how to export my data from the Fitbit website, but said there was no way to get my data back on the app. If Fitbit still has all my data associated with my account, why can't they get the data back in the app? Not having my data on the mobile app is a huge detriment to my experience. After years of using the product and paying for premium, I'm appalled at how bad the support has been. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

There is no reason your phone app won't access your data without a Fitbit device connected to it.  That has nothing to do with it.  Your phone connects directly to the main Fitbit database, just like the Fitbit website does.  If you are logged into the Fitbit app on your phone with the correct Fitbit ID, you can see your data.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes