Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Activity Tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It is possible to track my FitBit from the phone ap?  Specifically, we would like to be able to keep up with one another when we are out biking or walking at night. I see there are plenty of aps that use Bluetooth technology, but they are only useful if you are within bt range, not 2 miles away.

Thanks for the help! Maxine

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not possible because Fitbits do not connect directly to cell towers.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Not possible because Fitbits do not connect directly to cell towers.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that insight, Johnny.  

Best Answer

I guess you got it, but I could explain better for anyone else reading, if not carrying phone, GPS data is only stored locally on fitbit device until get back to phone, so no way for that data to get to anyone else.  If you are carrying your phone, there may be other apps separate from Fitbit to accomplish that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The idea was to be able to track one another without having to carry our phones.  Similar to how Go Pro works.  Thanks for your expertise, you saved me quite a bit of digging. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes