Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Dynamic Setting Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 firmware updated last week and now the GPS Dynamic setting will not connect to the phone automatically.   

Before the update, the Charge 5 would connect to the phone automatically when set in Dynamic mode.  Now it will only go to the "Built In" setting, even when the phone is setting beside the tracker and FitBit app is running.

If I set the GPS to Phone on the tracker, everything works fine.  So there is work around for my issue, but what am I doing wrong that GPS Dynamic mode no longer works as it once did?

Thanks

Al

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, thank you for sharing this information about the trouble you've been experiencing with your Charge 5, @Ghost1573.  

If you continue to experience the same behavior with your GPS not connecting, make sure to try following the steps listed in this article to complete a three pulse restart using the charging cable, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. You can also follow the steps suggested in this article to improve the accuracy of GPS. 

Keep in mind that all devices with GPS sensors require a direct path to GPS satellites to calculate location. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. In particular, please make sure of the following: 

• That you are  in open sky and moderate trees
  • Adjust how you wear the tracker when you want to use GPS 
  • Make sure the Location in your phone settings is set to Always or All the time for the Fitbit app (if you're using connected GPS)

I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes