Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery says "Find My Phone" and "Weather app" supported on Charge 5, but it doesn’t

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I click on 3rd party apps in the Fitbit app, it takes me to the list of all apps for the devices. I saw find my phone- and when I click on it and click supported devices, it says that the Charge 5 is supported. 
But when I try to install it to the device, I get a message that it isn’t supported. 
1) it would be REALLY nice if it were

2) if it’s not, this is false advertising and the page needs to be updated. 
3) am I just missing something at this should work?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Eric123123@Wibby and @LZeeW.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the screenshots provided. Let me clarify that the Charge 5 currently doesn't support the Find My Phone app. I understand where you're coming from about the information displayed on the Fitbit App Gallery, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I've reported this to our team so they can look into this matter and make the proper correction.

In case you want to check what apps and clock faces are available for your tracker, just open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 5 > Gallery. You can also add your vote to this request posted in the Feature Suggestions board so it can get the attention of our developers.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and we'll keep working to improve our services, as well as your Fitbit experience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hello @Eric123123 

I'm sorry you had that experience.  On my App, the only Apps listed for my Charge 5 are already installed and I can't see any information about it. You're not missing anything as it's not available right now but many people would like it.

It would be a good idea to vote for it in this Feature Suggestion and maybe add a comment if you'd like to.  There's more visibility for the idea there and it might happen if enough people vote for it.

Find my phone 

I hope that helps a bit.

Best Answer

Hello @Eric123123 and welcome to the Community.  A few other users noticed this, too.  I don't wear a Charge 5.  To the best of my knowledge, this feature hasn't been released.  There is a Feature Suggestion, but it isn't marked a being released.  I will notify a moderator and ask for clarification. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello again @LZeeW 

I managed to track down the place where it's listed and have attached a screenshot.

Find my phone.png

It shows up when you do an online search.  On the App itself, it doesn't show up as an option at all as I said in my last post.  If people are searching from their Fitbit App they won't see it.  If they search online for Find My Phone Fitbit, they'll find this page.  This page is the problem and may need to be edited...

I hope that helps a bit.

Best Answer

@Wibby   I saw that page, too.  A Luxe user posted it.  The other Charge 5 thread has a screenshot from the mobile app.  This isn't the first time something like this happened.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the work -however, I did find this inside the app.
I opened the iOS Fitbit app, clicked the upper left icon to open the “account” menu, then clicked 3rd Party Apps, then Compatible Apps. I scrolled to the By Fitbit section and clicked See All. Find My Phone is listed. If I Click on it, I see a “8 devices” button. When I click that, it gives an “available For” list and the top item is the Fitbit Charge 5. 

Best Answer

Argh. I didn’t mean to mark this as best answer. I was actually trying to delete it since it was from me replying over email and the system seems to screw up the formatting if you do that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Eric123123@Wibby and @LZeeW.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the screenshots provided. Let me clarify that the Charge 5 currently doesn't support the Find My Phone app. I understand where you're coming from about the information displayed on the Fitbit App Gallery, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I've reported this to our team so they can look into this matter and make the proper correction.

In case you want to check what apps and clock faces are available for your tracker, just open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 5 > Gallery. You can also add your vote to this request posted in the Feature Suggestions board so it can get the attention of our developers.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and we'll keep working to improve our services, as well as your Fitbit experience.

Best Answer

How do I install the weather app on my Charge 5?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

@run-d-run the Charge 5 doesn't have a weather app. If you'd like it to have one, you may want to vote for the suggestion here 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
Best Answer

But how does one install it? 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Community.  Other uses have posted about that page on the App Gallery.  I notified Fitbit about it and will do it again.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Same problem here. But it IS available.

I'm guessing next firmware update. 

Best Answer

Just chatted with customer service for at least half an hour. Was told they had to look into it further. As of now on my new Charge 5 no additional apps are displayed when I do the following:

In app browse to Today: Profile photo: Gallery: Charge 5. Under apps on this page, click "discover more." Only apps currently installed on my device are displayed. So no new Fitbit apps are available to install? This makes no sense because weather app is clearly shown to be available for Charge 5 at https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/000013fe-0000-4000-8000-000000f17b17.

Best Answer

Has anyone tried the weather app on Charge 5? It says it's available now for Charge 5. I don't have a Charge 5 and have been waiting to upgrade only if they have a weather app and Pandora.

https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/000013fe-0000-4000-8000-000000f17b17

**I don't have a Charge 5 and have been waiting to upgrade only if they have a weather app and Pandora.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TreaTrea 

That's an error and the Weather App isn't available for the Charge 5 yet, although lots of people want it.  If you look at the Gallery from inside the Charge 5 App, it doesn't show as being available.

There are a couple of Suggestions that you can vote for and comment on, and hopefully the Weather App will come to the Charge 5 one day.

Weather on clock faces 

Weather App on Charge 5 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm glad you checked before you bought it to save disappointment.

I hope that helps a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You people listed: 

· Find my phone

· Weather

· Relax

All three of the above as compatible with the Charger 5. Not 3rd party either, all official releases by you. 

None of them will even let you install them. The weather one can't even load up, no internet connection error. 

I just bought this thing and really like it, but I have until the 14th of March for an eligible refund. And trust, I will return this in a heartbeat without hesitation with an appropriate review. 

This is not a threat, I'm just saying.

If you don't care about product support then I should be caring less about supporting your products. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner   Users have been asking for these apps since the Charge 5 was released.  I suspect that Fitbit got a little ahead of itself and changed the pages before releasing the firmware update.  Fitbit announces firmware releases when they are released, not in advance.  I read your other posts on this topic.  I am going to get a moderator to address your concerns.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for sharing your inquiry about these apps on the Charge 5, @SunsetRunner @TreaTrea

I was able to confirm that the apps you mentioned earlier haven't been released for the Charge 5 yet, but I've seen other users have been reporting that they're seeing these apps on the Fitbit app Gallery as well. Please know that this has been reported to our team so they can look into it. 

In case you want to check what apps and clock faces are available for your tracker, just open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 5 > Gallery. You can also add your vote to these ideas posted in the Feature Suggestions board of the Community, as this is always helpful for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time: 

Thank you for all the feedback that you've provided about the product; the team continues to work to improve the quality of products and services. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer