Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRV has stopped recording on my Charge 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Once again my charge five has stopped recording my heart rate variability. The last three nights it’s recorded as zero. It seems with Fitbit it works fine for a year and then after you’ve had it for a year everything starts to stop working. This will be the last one I get I’m not doing this every year.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Community Forums, @Bam2448.  

Thank you sharing this information about the issue you've been experiencing with your Charge 5. 

Before considering other options, please keep in mind the following to make sure you see your health metrics data:

• Wear your device for at least 1 full day (during the day and to sleep at night). Check your stats after you wake up in the morning. Note: skin temperature requires 3 nights of data.
  • Make sure the back of your device is in contact with your skin. The band should be snug but not constricting. If you experience any discomfort, loosen the band, and if it persists give your wrist a break by taking it off.
  • Most metrics require at least 3 hours of quality sleep. If you move a lot during your sleep or the sleep session is too short, you might not get a reading.

For more detailed information, see What should I know about health metrics in the Fitbit app? In case the HRV is being tracked but it's not being shown in the app, please try the following steps as well: 

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Clear Cache and Cookies for the Fitbit app on the phone's settings. 
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Log back in and check if you're able to see your information properly. 

In addition, please make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have experienced the same issue. I followed your recommendations with no results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Metwo2 Thank you for your reply and for confirming you're experiencing the same problem. 

If you have't done so already, I'd also recommend that you try setting up your Charge 5 as a new device in your account. Then check if you're able to see your information in the app. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes